PDA

View Full Version : carving lines

connieg
06-13-2010, 04:45 PM
I have inserted spline lines (curved, coming off of stars to indicate motion, like shooting stars) into a sign design, but I can't figure out how to turn the dotted indicator lines into real carving lines. Yep, you guessed it, I'm a novice. Thanks for your help!

gwhiz
06-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Connie...after you've defined the lines, just right click on it (or goto the Tools menu) and choose Select Bit. Just choose a bit and depth....

connieg
06-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks SO MUCH Gwhiz!! Worked like a charm and made me feel really uneducated! I had tried to use the bit icon, but didn't have my lines highlighted. Thanks again!

AskBud
06-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Now, when you have time to play, check out the things you can do to those lines using the Profile and Rout Icons.

I have a lesson in my "Download" section, below, that is titled "Rout Tool", that is mostly about the Rout, but uses the Profile Tool to prepare for the change via the Rout.
AskBud

TIMCOSBY
06-13-2010, 11:53 PM
then when the light bulb comes on we call ourselves names. welcome to the forum. in addition to askbuds advice when your in designer click on the help tab and read the entire contents. it may be a little out of date but will help you a lot as your doing things. we like pics too so let us see what your makin.

connieg
06-14-2010, 09:16 AM
WOW AskBud...what a lot of time you've put into your site. It really helps to see the tutorials with some explanation! And I was just wondering about that rout tool:mrgreen: icon and couldn't find anything on it. Thanks everyone for all your help. I'm trying to carve a replica of an antique German nutcracker for a friend also and your help has made even that easier! When I get something presentable I'll post it. Thanks again!

TIMCOSBY
06-14-2010, 10:03 PM
said they updated the manual with version 1.70.