PDA

View Full Version : Wiring PDF?

bjbethke
06-12-2010, 10:38 AM
This maybe a question for AL, I have a close cover Error, and it is not the switches or the cable that connects to J1 pin one and two on the board DS206. (White and black leads.)

The switch and the cable to the motor are OK, They check OK with a VOM (Volt-Ohm-meter).

Is there a PDF for the wiring drawings?

PCW
06-12-2010, 10:49 AM
BJB,

Just a thought did you check your add on jumper on the Y termination board? Verify that in the option menu under sensor check.

bjbethke
06-12-2010, 02:13 PM
BJB,

Just a thought did you check your add on jumper on the Y termination board? Verify that in the option menu under sensor check.
Not sure which jumper you are referring to. With the cover open I can not get changes on the sensor checks. Looks like an open cricket some place.

I had a bad FFC Cable, I replaced that and the Cable guard, this checked OK, but had a Board Sensor error, when I replaced the sensor I got the close cover error. The new sensor reads 13, but I do not see why that should give me the close cover error.

bjbethke
06-12-2010, 02:59 PM
(Item #44) - Head Termination Electronics Board Assembly – (Part # MWM A2060)

I checked the path for the cover switch with a VOM on this board and I do not see on open path on this board.

Digitalwoodshop
06-12-2010, 05:42 PM
This is interesting.... a 13 board Sensor... Is that with white paper? Cranked down on board. Distance matters..... Further away lower numbers...

Check the Z Data. Is it changing from 0000 to something when you move the Z head. If not, it could be a pinched wire in the Board Detector lowering the voltage causing the problems with the logic circuit.

You have all seen my pictures of the shorted Board Detector wires, sliding down along the plastic guard and the metal cutting the insulation.

And you replaced the FSC Cable with a 14 pin version?

Did you try shorting the left switch contacts? Bad Switch.... Or do you have continuity through the plug and switch?

Let us know,

AL

bjbethke
06-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks - My Cw machine is working, it was a shorted Board Detector cable, and the white lead slipped out of the track and nicked the wire. Disabled the sensor check function that is why I was getting the close cover error. Thanks for the help.

skeeterman
06-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey BjBethke, I am in your neck of the woods today, me and wife floated the buffalo today, we are camping between Yellville and Marshal.
damn you got it going on it sure is beautifull up here.
Gotta head back in to civilization tommorro , bummer
glad you got machine back to running
steve

bjbethke
06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Hey BjBethke, I am in your neck of the woods today, me and wife floated the buffalo today, we are camping between Yellville and Marshal.
damn you got it going on it sure is beautifull up here.
Gotta head back in to civilization tommorro , bummer
glad you got machine back to running
steve
I live about 4 miles south of the buffalo, been selling some fire wood to the campers on the weekends. :)

Icutone2
06-14-2010, 09:00 AM
BJB Thanks again for the Blackhawks logo turned out great! Glad to see you got it up and running. I have made a note of what you found to fix it THANKS!
The pic's are posted some ware on the forum I forgot were thay went. Thanks Lee

Digitalwoodshop
06-14-2010, 01:46 PM
This is interesting.... a 13 board Sensor... Is that with white paper? Cranked down on board. Distance matters..... Further away lower numbers...

Check the Z Data. Is it changing from 0000 to something when you move the Z head. If not, it could be a pinched wire in the Board Detector lowering the voltage causing the problems with the logic circuit.

You have all seen my pictures of the shorted Board Detector wires, sliding down along the plastic guard and the metal cutting the insulation.

And you replaced the FSC Cable with a 14 pin version?

Did you try shorting the left switch contacts? Bad Switch.... Or do you have continuity through the plug and switch?

Let us know,

AL

Thanks - My Cw machine is working, it was a shorted Board Detector cable, and the white lead slipped out of the track and nicked the wire. Disabled the sensor check function that is why I was getting the close cover error. Thanks for the help.

If you throw enough possible answers out there even I can get lucky some time and come up with the possible problem.... Do you feel Lucky...?

:mrgreen:AL who