PDA

View Full Version : 1/8" cutting bit now cutting up my machine?

jrose
06-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Been working with TECH support for a couple of weeks but not much of a answer yet. everything works as it should during bit setup, but after a carving has run and i reinstall the 1/8" cutting bit. the machine revs-up much faster then any other time or Z truck then slides to the left and down to the tracking roller (plate) to witch it drills a hole!!! after that it does not know the bit height so it just runs wild cutting and drill everything, not good!!! tech support has video of both runs and as of last call they are putting the blame on my tried and true ROCK CHUCK??? Anyone else have this happen to them after the last update? The last update included a fix for the check cut motor with the 1/8" cutting bit by increasing the motor speed for that bit.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Digitalwoodshop
06-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Been working with TECH support for a couple of weeks but not much of a answer yet. everything works as it should during bit setup, but after a carving has run and i reinstall the 1/8" cutting bit. the machine revs-up much faster then any other time or Z truck then slides to the left and down to the tracking roller (plate) to witch it drills a hole!!! after that it does not know the bit height so it just runs wild cutting and drill everything, not good!!! tech support has video of both runs and as of last call they are putting the blame on my tried and true ROCK CHUCK??? Anyone else have this happen to them after the last update? The last update included a fix for the check cut motor with the 1/8" cutting bit by increasing the motor speed for that bit.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

How LONG is the 1/8 inch bit in the Rock? It is possible that you are chucking it up too long...

If that did not fix the issue then I would order a X Termination Board.

AL

jrose
06-12-2010, 07:11 AM
the bits are the same length they have been for some time. not that they are old but i match them up every time i put on a stop collar. i've had the rock chuck for about a year.

earlyrider
06-12-2010, 11:08 AM
The runup on mine is slow (even with new brushes), so I do as someone else suggested, and press the stop button to allow the spindle to stop spinning,
then hit enter to resume. You need to repair the hole with bondo or epoxy and then it should work.
Ron

jrose
06-12-2010, 11:31 AM
i have fixed it a couple of time now and ended up gluing a piece of Plexiglas into the area. i already have a new board tracking sensor just waiting for a good fix to the problem before i use it. i do like the press stop option as a quick fix!

Icutone2
06-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I watched my machine run tonight and the bit only touched the bat flag not the plate by the tracking wheel. Worked that way 6 times.
Lee