PDA

View Full Version : Review of Referb Machine

cestout
06-11-2010, 05:19 PM
In earlier posts I told you with my experience with Sears Repair. They replaced my first machine rather than repair it. That got me from an "A" model to a "B" - big improvement. After a little over a year they found my replacement machine was too expensive to fix and a replacement was unavailable so I got a full refund. With the refund I ordered a tricked out referb. I was without a machine for 7 weeks! Anyway, the new one is great. The difference new spindle makes is unbelievable. And I can't figure out why, but it runs cleaner - less saw dust in the ends. I did have to recalibrate the Y travel by almost 1/2". I don't think it is any quieter - seems about the same. I live in the middle of nowhere so it doesn't bother any neighbors, and I use earmuffs or leave the shop for the house while it is running. Reading about the "C" version, I don't see much difference, nothing I need anyway. I have a 1 year/200 hr warranty, after that I will join the carver's club.

Clint

TIMCOSBY
06-12-2010, 05:49 AM
slipped by qaulity control(he he) were the root of most peoples problems but it was hard to diagnose.