PDA

View Full Version : Stretched carve?

www.go3d.us
06-10-2010, 10:28 PM
This is weird. Can some one explain this for me please?
I have a project (virtual board) set as 9.25" wide by 20" long in designer and have it carve on a 9.25" by 20.5" actual board and somehow the carve came out filled the board completely. Aren't there suppose to be a .5" left on the actual board?
At the board measurement it said that virtual board 9.25", actual 9.278" and ask if I want it to "keep original size" and I pick "keep original size".

The board came out clean, no skip mark or anything. Actually it didn't seem to be stretchy at all or maybe be because it's only .5" so it is hard to tell. I make 2 carves and both are the same.

If anyone can clear thing up for me I would be appreciated. I never had any problem that need help until today. :)

For those who is curious, the entire depth of this carve is .25" and carve in draft mode took 1:20 to complete.

Thanks
HT

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6950/panel.jpg

PCW
06-10-2010, 10:44 PM
HT,

If your virtual board is 9.25" and the physical board is 9.278" that is only .028 difference. If you centered the board on the width that would only leave about 1/64" on both sides. Are you referring to the length or width or both?

I have a project (virtual board) set as 9.25" wide by 20" long in designer and have it carve on a 9.25" by 20.5" actual board and somehow the carve came out filled the board completely. Aren't there suppose to be a .5" left on the actual board?
At the board measurement it said that virtual board 9.25", actual 9.278" and ask if I want it to "keep original size" and I pick "keep original size".

TIMCOSBY
06-10-2010, 11:35 PM
centered the carveing on the board. measure the actual carved part and see if it id the same as designer.
as a side note i was looking on ebay and saw a carved panel similar to that and the background had been stained black. it looked super that way but i think you would have to do a glue on pattrn because of the intricasey.

www.go3d.us
06-11-2010, 12:20 AM
HT,

If your virtual board is 9.25" and the physical board is 9.278" that is only .028 difference. If you centered the board on the width that would only leave about 1/64" on both sides. Are you referring to the length or width or both?

Yes, I am referring to the length. I don't know how it did it but it carve the wide at exactly 9.25 but the length at 20.5" when it is suppose to be 20"?

spalted
06-11-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm wondering if the extra .5 was the result of a draft or feather setting possibly? I dunno, just a W.A.G

Router-Jim
06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Do you have fixed vertex points in your mpc? :confused: Could be your problem if they're fixed to the ends of the virtual board.

RMarkey
06-11-2010, 07:46 AM
When you said the board measured at 9.xx" wide, I'm assuming it didn't tell you the length, right? I'd start by testing your X measurement and check the underside of the board to see if the tracking wheel skipped. It's been a long time since we've seen this, and it was usually caused by X tracking that was slightly off.

www.go3d.us
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
When you said the board measured at 9.xx" wide, I'm assuming it didn't tell you the length, right? I'd start by testing your X measurement and check the underside of the board to see if the tracking wheel skipped. It's been a long time since we've seen this, and it was usually caused by X tracking that was slightly off.

Right it didn't tell me the length. I'll test the X measurement and see if it work correctly.

I'm wondering if the extra .5 was the result of a draft or feather setting possibly?

There is no draft or feather set in this carve. I have everything centered on the board (virtual board).

Thanks
HT

www.go3d.us
06-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Problem found. The sanding belts rolled up on the key pad side, it pushed against the roller sensor and get it stuck. I hope that is the only cause.

HT

mtylerfl
06-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Problem found. The sanding belts rolled up on the key pad side, it pushed against the roller sensor and get it stuck. I hope that is the only cause.

HT

Hi HT,

Congrats on finding the cause. Now might be a good opportunity to upgrade to the Heavy-Duty Kevlar/Rubber traction belts. You will never have to worry about a belt roll-up again!

cestout
06-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I would check the Y access travel, that is where the discrepancy is. Just get a fairly long (straight & flat) board of an exact known length, then use option 7 to measure the length. If they don't match, the fix is now fairly easy. See a recent Tips & Tricks for details. I had to do this with my new referb machine.
Clint

henry1
06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
I would check the Y access travel, that is where the discrepancy is. Just get a fairly long (straight & flat) board of an exact known length, then use option 7 to measure the length. If they don't match, the fix is now fairly easy. See a recent Tips & Tricks for details. I had to do this with my new referb machine.
Clint

I tried to get the new tip and trick, and when I got there the page could not be displayed now what

eelamb
06-14-2010, 09:09 PM
LHR is redoing their web site.

AskBud
06-14-2010, 09:15 PM
I tried to get the new tip and trick, and when I got there the page could not be displayed now what

Here is an alternate link for Tips and Tricks since Mt make most of them.
AskBud
http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html

henry1
06-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Here is an alternate link for Tips and Tricks since Mt make most of them.
AskBud
http://www.carvebuddy.com/learning_center.html
Well appreciated I want to start corion carving also later thx bud