PDA

View Full Version : setting starting point

CHRISTIAN
06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I now have my scanning probe and have made a scanning sled and because I am beveling both sides of my piece have made a carving sled to hold it in place. My question is should I establish a starting point on the carving sled since that will be part of my project?

AskBud
06-10-2010, 05:58 PM
I now have my scanning probe and have made a scanning sled and because I am beveling both sides of my piece have made a carving sled to hold it in place. My question is should I establish a starting point on the carving sled since that will be part of my project?

Have you watched the tutorial on the Probe?
It's listed in My Download" link toward the bottom.

Your "start" and "End" points , for the Probe, are outside the actual piece you wish to scan. If you set a "Depth Limit" you will only end up with an exact scan of the piece (not the recrangle).

Once you place the pattern in your Designer library, you may do as you will.

Send me your phone number, via a PM, if you need to.
AskBud

TIMCOSBY
06-11-2010, 12:02 AM
hot glue or some other method of holding the scanned object. no need to bevel anything or i may be missing something as usual.

AskBud
06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Have you watched the tutorial on the Probe?
It's listed in My Download" link toward the bottom.

Your "start" and "End" points , for the Probe, are outside the actual piece you wish to scan. If you set a "Depth Limit" you will only end up with an exact scan of the piece (not the recrangle).

Once you place the pattern in your Designer library, you may do as you will.

Send me your phone number, via a PM, if you need to.
AskBud

I got you PM, and will call later today.

Most of my "Carving" sleds are "Multi-Use", and I have a PDF about the concept in my "Download" link below.

I do not consider the sled as I design my projects. That way, should I have the proper stock with the extra 7 inches, I may choose not to use the sled if I wish.

When I use the sled, I always select the option to "Center" the project. This is because I always have my wood "Centered" on the sled. Even if the carve will cut in to the rails, of the sled, this is fine as my rails are replaceable as needed.
AskBud