PDA

View Full Version : Sears Compucarve...for sale

toymaker
06-09-2010, 09:26 PM
It seems that there are a lot of these for sale these days. Although I like the machine, I just haven't used it as much as I thought I would. This one is one of the original models from 2006. 4 years old with very few carve hours on it. The machine still has the original box it was bought in; it comes with a scanning probe, the full set of Carvewright bits (never used), and "the Rock" spindle upgrade. The machine has the upgraded z-pack assembly and a brand new board sensor. I have never had any major problems with the machine and it has never been sent in for repairs. Any and all problems were user error. The Flexshaft has been taken well care of and lubed on a regular basis.
I am asking $900 for the whole setup and buyer will pay for shipping (calculate shipping from zip code 83854).

Digitalwoodshop
06-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear you are selling the machine.

This is a excellent price and I don't expect it to last long.

With all the new parts and a ROCK this is a EXCELLENT BUY.

The only problems you could expect is a L2 Power Supply problem. With Low Hours and now a ROCK, when you get it, applying more glue on the L2 Coil will give you some insurance of No Problems. To fix a broken L2 is pretty EASY as you just re-solder the coil and glue it.

He mentioned that he took care of the Flex, so you know he took care of the machine.

When he ships it, removing the Flex from the Cut Motor can protect the FLEX from damage.

If I had the extra money I would buy it.... I am saving my money to get a batch of Laser Cut Aluminum Fire Tags sent to get Anodized.

Good Luck,

AL

TerryT
06-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I'd drive over and pick it up... cept I don't have $900 right now. Sounds like a good price. Want to trade for something?

toymaker
06-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Al...it would be nice if it didn't last long. Thanks for the vote of confidence.:rolleyes:

TerryT...unfortunately, my shop is full enough as it is. Thanks for the offer, though. I keep forgetting that you are just across the state line from me.:mrgreen:

milestone mike
06-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Hi there I'm on the verge of buying my first machine and am wondering if this is right path to go? I live in southern saskatchewan canada. So far I've just been reading on the forum about the machine and it sounds like yours has all the bells and whistles. Where exactly are you located so I can calculate the shipping costs? I'm working nights but would like to find out asap then I could decide on what to do. How many hours exactly do you have on the machine? thanks mike

toymaker
06-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Turned on the machine this am and got the following info from the options menu:
Total Cut Motor Time 78hrs 27min
Total Power On Time 2158hrs 15min
Total Servoing Time 93hrs 34min
Total Scanning Time 10hrs 59min

As far as shipping, you can calculate from US zip code 83854.
One thing I forgot in the "Here's what's included..." is the printed out manual for both the machine and software, a set of replacement sandpaper traction belts, all of the Tips and Tricks from years past, and all the important notes and posts I have printed out from the beginning. There will also be a couple packets of molly grease that I have used to keep the flex shaft lubed.:mrgreen:

cestout
06-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Mike,
A 2006 machine will be an "A" version. It will be great second or third machine for an experienced carver who can work on them, but might be frustrating for a novice. I would strongly recommend getting one of the new ones. Maintenance is far less and my referb with the new spindle carves infinitely better than my two previous machines.
Clint

toymaker
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Clint,
As I am particular to my machine, which has been upgraded, to include the Rock spindle, I would have to disagree with you. I am glad you are liking your refurbished machine. However, regardless of what "model" one has or decides to buy, if one does not become familiar with their machine, read the instructions, stay in touch with forums such as this one, be patient and not jump in over their head, that person will break their machine and become so frustrated with it that they will blame the machine and LHR. Many people have done that as I have been a part of this forum since it's beginning. This is a machine of care and:neutral::neutral: patience.

TIMCOSBY
06-12-2010, 05:56 AM
and i lucked up and got a balanced chuck and it is just carving away. the probe still plugs into the truck, the z-pack is the old style too and it just keeps going. better go knock on wood now.