PDA

View Full Version : Finally ordered the CarveWright

Big Al (NJ)
11-24-2006, 10:36 AM
After seeing the machine for the last couple of months, I finally ordered one last week from Sears. This week ALL Craftsman power tools went on sale 20% off. Since mine was still on back ordered, I called Sears and they gave me the sale price....$1,519. Now I still have to wait for it to come in. They orig. told me 17 Dec. Guess it will be a great Christmas gift. I'll be on here alot more looking for ideas, help and showing some of my projects off. With the money I saved I'll probably end up using it to purchase the probe and more bits. Can't Wait!!!!

Big Al (NJ)

Pat D
11-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Al: I too am contemplating purchasing this machine. The Sears site says it comes with a "Starter" software package. Can you or anyone else shed light on what a "Starter" package is?
Thanks

Big Al (NJ)
11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
The starter software program is just CarveWrights intial program. After you load that to your computer all you do is select the help button to look up/down load any updates. Good luck, hope to see some project posts from you in the near future. My will be in about 3-4 weeks.

Big Al (NJ)

BobHill
11-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Great price for a great machine, Al. Although I'm not sure what the "light" version of the software differes from the "full" version, or it's cost differential, but I'd say you need the full version to make full use of the machine. Looks like you got a great Christmas present for yourself.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Big Al (NJ)
11-24-2006, 06:13 PM
All Craftsman tools were 20% off from 0500-1100 hrs. I went to Sears web page and it still shows the CarveWright for $1,519.99 here's the path:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/subcat.do?vertical=TOOL&cat=Bench+Power+Tools&subcat=Jointers%2C+Planers+%26+Shapers&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

When I initially called Sears this is the number they gave me to 1-800-377-7414 to reserve a backorder. Good luck, don't know how long they'll keep this machine at this price....

Big Al (NJ)

mikevds
11-25-2006, 11:19 AM
This price thing is really wacky. I reserved one from CarveWright last week @ $1799 because they said that was what Sears was advertising. I never did see that price advertised. Last night I clicked the Sears link and saw the $1519.99 price. Now it's back to $1899. The thing is, no one has one, not Sears or CarveWright, so I guess it's all a crap shoot until someone actually has a machine to sell.

Big Al (NJ)
11-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Or at least that's what I was told by Sears. I think what CarveWright did was let Sears have the first shipment for distribution and then they'll take the second shipmant around the end of Dec.

Big Al (NJ)

Jeff_Birt
11-27-2006, 08:37 AM
I have to agree that Sers pricing structure is a bit confusing. I called the Sears 1-800 number and was told that the $1519 price was a misprint. I went in to our local store as well to verify. Went back to the local store Sunday and got the $1799 price with 12 months no payment/interest (which is worth about $30/month in waived interest). So still it was a good deal, and it will be shipped to the local store for free.

mikevds
11-27-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm curious. For those ordering from Sears. Did they offer an extended warranty? If so, how long...how much? Just the shipping costs to CW could get pretty pricey if you have too many issues with the unit over time.

Kurtsara
11-27-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm curious. For those ordering from Sears. Did they offer an extended warranty? If so, how long...how much? Just the shipping costs to CW could get pretty pricey if you have too many issues with the unit over time.

No, they did not offer an extended warranty at all

Mike
11-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Just sad until I can get my machine and join in! :cry: Soon I will be HAPPY !! :D

11-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I ordered a CW from Sears on 11-11-06. When I saw in the forum that they sold some of these at a reduced price of $1519.00 I contacted Sears customer service by email. After several emails and phone conversations they agreed to give me a unit at the discounted price that was advertised on the craftsman web page. Sears has always been fair with me and I have bought several tools and appliances from them. [/img]

bargainbirch.com
11-30-2006, 12:16 PM

I've talked with the people at the store, and called the Sears department that sells contracts. They have nothing for the machine, but the woman on the phone told me they can't sell a plan for anything that isn't on the shelf yet. I'm hoping once the units are in stock that a plan will be offered. Typically you can buy the service plan up to 30 days after buying the item. I'm assuming they'll give 30 days after delivery.

-Steve

Mike
12-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Sears online claims that rhey are now in stock and can be delivered in 6-8 business days. I called my local Sears store and they said that they are not in stock and won't be until January. When I ordered one they told me that they would be in Dec. 12 or 13th. I don't mind dealing with craftsman tool but I cannot say to much for their personel. Major lack of communication in their organization. Anyone else hear anything new? Mike

Big Al (NJ)
12-01-2006, 06:11 PM
this number: 1-800-377-7414 it's for Sears. Today I called to check on my order. Seems there was a little mix up on my order and it wasn't processed. The individual said I would have to purchase it at the going price, whick is back to $1,899.00 After waiting to talk to the individuals super for about 10 minutes, she came back and said her boss said to process my order again for the sale price of $1,519. Sear's have them in stock, they just got them in. Don't know how many or for how long they'll last, just call the number 1-800 number to place your order.

Happy carving, Big Al (NJ)

Mike
12-01-2006, 10:37 PM
That's some good info, but are you having to pay for delivery or is it going to your local sears? Mike

Mike
12-01-2006, 11:55 PM
I called that number just after my last post. They said that there was no supervisor on duty and I would have to call back tomarrow. Sears has a 10% off sale tomarrow until noon. It said sale prices included. Does that mean Craftsman club prices too? Mike

Big Al (NJ)
12-02-2006, 08:44 AM
The carver is a mail order only. With all the mess I had with my order yesterday, I missed this shipment and now they're saying it wont be shipped until 25 Dec. They are out of stock AGAIN!!!! Way to go Sears. I'll just have to wait until then and if it doesn't come through this time I just might call it a day and try something else.....

Big Al (NJ)

mikevds
12-02-2006, 11:01 AM
The carver is a mail order only. With all the mess I had with my order yesterday, I missed this shipment and now they're saying it wont be shipped until 25 Dec. They are out of stock AGAIN!!!! Way to go Sears. I'll just have to wait until then and if it doesn't come through this time I just might call it a day and try something else.....

Big Al (NJ)

You might, if you haven't already, call CarveWright and put your name on the list for their shipment as a back up. They are supposed to get the next production run after the Sears units. They said they would match Sears price, though I doubt you'll get it for the $1500 price.

hardwaremike
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Ordered my machine through Sears 2 weeks ago, they called yesterday and said it was in. Picked it up last night and started running it this afternoon. I am amazed. by 3:-- o'clock had my first paying job with it.
Just a little sign but it's nice to know it impresses someone else besides me. will be posting pics later. Thanks Mike.

serbert
12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Ordered my machine through Sears 2 weeks ago, they called yesterday and said it was in. Picked it up last night and started running it this afternoon. I am amazed. by 3:-- o'clock had my first paying job with it.
Just a little sign but it's nice to know it impresses someone else besides me. will be posting pics later. Thanks Mike.

I also received mind from Sears Dec 7. Did you get thur the start up tests ok???

hunter
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
I've ordered mine from Sears and they tell me it'll be be in Dec 20th. I thought I should let you guys know, I DID get a 5 year warranty from then for $299.99, which seems well worth it to me. The Sears person had to call in and get a special code/number something or other to be able to sell me the warranty, as it's not in their system yet. Good luck!

Mike
12-07-2006, 01:54 PM
The warranty sounds pretty fair if your going to use the machine as much as I am. On a different subject I just got mine (1 week early) but I cannot find the serial number on my machine to register it. I tried the model number but it said it was invalid. Any solutions? Mike

porkysbbq
12-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Hi all new here. Well ordered my machine today can't wait to start playing with it lots of ideals in my head :twisted: . Went to sears on Saturday saw the machine came home and checked it out online and ordered it this morning, they tell me it will be in stock in a day or so, will see! :wink: Can' wait to see what other people are doing with it. Later all :D

Mike
12-13-2006, 07:59 AM
Did you see that Sears took the Compucarve off of their website?

mikevds
12-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Did you see that Sears took the Compucarve off of their website?

It's still there.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1042746597.1166023190@ @@@&BV_EngineID=cdcgaddjimeekkecefecemldffidfmm.0&vertical=SEARS&sid=S0016300050000100081&pid=00921754000

Ted Grinnell
12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
I received my machine from Sears yesterday. I ordered it on October 2nd. They told me that they were getting 50 units in the first of December and at that time had 79 orders.

Mine had that wrong firmware on it, but CW walked me through it and a minor glitch. These Guys and Gals are GOOD!!!

Big Al (NJ)
12-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Sears,
Has now taken the CompuCarve off their web site. Talked to Sears today to find out about my order. They said it's still on back order and would be shipped 25 Dec. Ya right!!! I told them that for the last week it showed it was in stock. I was told by the supervisor that you can't go by what the web site says because 90% of the time it's incorrect. what a great way to run a business and the customer service is A#1. I've been flat out lied to, by supervisors on numorous occasions. Almost canx my order today but I wont back down. Sometimes I think that's what Sears wants me to do since I ordered it with the 20% discount. Time will tell.

Happy carving to the folks who can, and Good Luck to the folks who have it ordered through SEARS!!!!

Big Al (NJ)

mikevds
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Sears,
Has now taken the CompuCarve off their web site.

It's still there.....and now it's listed at $1804 until tomorrow 12/14
They do show it's out of stock, however. :roll:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1921052259.1166074648@ @@@&BV_EngineID=cchcaddjimeejjfcefecemldffidfmm.0&vertical=SEARS&sid=S0016300050000100081&pid=00921754000

porkysbbq
12-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi all new here. Well ordered my machine today can't wait to start playing with it lots of ideals in my head :twisted: . Went to sears on Saturday saw the machine came home and checked it out online and ordered it this morning, they tell me it will be in stock in a day or so, will see! :wink: Can' wait to see what other people are doing with it. Later all :D

Well here it is the 12/15 /06 and still has not shipped was told a day or so and it will be in stock they so lie at sears mart checked the web site link that gives delivery time by zip code and on the 12/11 stated 7 to 9 bus days, checked again on 12/13 it stated 4 to 6 days should have it Monday {{{BULL XXXX}}} later that day web site said out of stock sear is starting to be run like kmart that sucks cause kmart sucks they own sears this mean sooner or later chapter 11. to bad carvewright did not get a contract with home depot or lowes I keep checking order status hoping but It still is processing might try calling carvewright to see when they will have stock anybody know

I Take it back just checked my email and sears just sent an email saying it has shipped will arrive in 3 to 5 days now lets hope I get a machine with no problems! :D Got to go clean the shop now!!! :lol:
P.S. kmart still sucks :twisted:

I take back my take back :cry:
sears sucks
I get an email today from sear 10% off everything in the store between 6 pm 12/15 12Noon 12/16 and 20% off all tools benchtop tools included so I call to get my refund and the (I'll be nice) person on the phone tells me that I don't qualify for the refund because it is not a sale that it is a promation and the machine is not in stock?? well the thing was in stock when they shipped it this morning besides that there price policy says that if I purchase something I have 30 days to get my money back
looks like I have to fight to get the refund from searsmart
:evil:

alexa
12-15-2006, 11:31 AM
I called Sears to try and get an extended warranty for the CompuCarve , but Sears told me none was available.

Has anyone been able to purchase one? If so, please supply the Sears part number.

Thanks

Al

Azbear
12-24-2006, 07:08 AM
I have been waiting for someone to get some units in stock. I signed up for a "notice" from Sears. I arrived home a few days ago from work, read my email notice, (about 2 hours old), jumped over to Sears on line and with great delight, there it was. As I proceeded to "check out", I got flagged stating my order was removed as the stock was now at zero. I contacted Sears customer service and the response was 1st come, 1st served. Also the service agent had no idea when the inventory would be replenished. Has anyone heard of a delivery date?

Azbear
12-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Not sure. When I spoke to the customer service guy, he said he had no delivery date. As for the e-bay price, it's a bit high. I really want need a carver, just can't talk my self into this one. I will keep after Sears. Anyone know when LHR might have some in stock or do they only make for Sears now?

Azbear
12-24-2006, 04:47 PM
I just received another notice from Sears. It reads

"Dear Sears Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sears.

We appreciate the opportunity of assisting you with your request for
information on our Craftsman CompuCarve Compact Woodworking Machine,
Computer- Controlled, Sears item number 00921754000.

Unfortunately, the above-referenced item is so new, the stores have not
had a chance to stock it yet. We are already sold out of it as well on our
sears.com Web site. Just in case you would like to order one when it does
come back in stock, we have pasted a link to the item below. Just paste
the link line by line in your web browser and then click go. That link is
as follows:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?
BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&cat=Bench+Power+Tools&subcat=Jointers%
2C+Planers+%26+Shapers&pid=00921754000 "

LHR must be swamped with orders. Hope they all pass the final quality check.

mikevds
12-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Not sure. When I spoke to the customer service guy, he said he had no delivery date. As for the e-bay price, it's a bit high. I really want need a carver, just can't talk my self into this one. I will keep after Sears. Anyone know when LHR might have some in stock or do they only make for Sears now?

According to the lady at LHR, they are supposed to get the second production batch, late December (like this month). She said she is taking names and will notify you when they get theirs in. I'm on the list, but I think I'm going to wait for a while. :wink:

Azbear
12-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Did you find this out from a phone conversation or contact through this website?

mikevds
12-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Did you find this out from a phone conversation or contact through this website?

I called them early November.