PDA

View Full Version : Designs moving around

Aaron B
11-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Lets just say you have a rectangle on the board (centered both ways), then you add another rectangle or pattern not centered somewhere, but in a specific spot.

Why does it move when you change the board length? I put things where I want and the relationship to other carvings or patterns is where I want it but then decide to change the board size, why does the patterns move and is there a way around this?

Dan-Woodman
11-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Aaron
Thats a great question . I had the same thing happen on a project . I hope someone can answer.

Greybeard
11-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi Aaron, I can only come up with a work around.
Before you change the board size, select the pattern that is centred, and click on the "layout/centre/centre both" again to undo the constraint.
If you now change the board size, the patterns stay in their original relative positions.
If you now need to re-centre the one pattern, and keep all the others in their relative positions to it, select them all and "group" them from the "layout" menu. You'll then have to move them as a group to the position you want by eye. You can use the arrow keys on the keyboard for final nudgeing (the centre vertices on the selection box will show you when it's in the correct position.

John

Aaron B
11-22-2006, 06:34 AM
John,

Thanks for the tip, I think that would of worked on the project I was doing but at least I will now know for next time to un-center everything.