PDA

View Full Version : carvewright won't turn-on

awe
06-06-2010, 06:16 PM
The machine was in the middle of operation when it suddenly stop working, i check the power and it good. The machine has no activity in the LCD screen:( please let me know if there is a reset button in this machine.:cry:

AskBud
06-06-2010, 07:10 PM
First, remove the card and reinsert it.
If that does not help, unplug the machine, remove the bottom panel (read your Manual and parts list), and make sure the power wires are still secure under the cover (there is no RESET button).

Al has a post on other things that may cause the problem, if none of the above solves your problem. here is that link.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=131102&postcount=10
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
06-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks Ask bud,

Also check the LCD Dimmer....

AL

awe
06-06-2010, 11:23 PM
AskBud & Digitalwoodshop thank you:-D for your help, the power supply is broken and when I solder it back to its place it work like a champ. Its funny that some problem such as this are not being recall by carvewright seen its a factory defect>:o i bet if this was toyota will be dead by now. again thanks.

Digitalwoodshop
06-07-2010, 12:41 AM
It has been a long known problem.... The L2 coil is glued but not enough... The QC vibration causes the coil to snap....

Just a heads up.... At about 700 hours expect the X Termination Board C1 to do the same.... 3 out of 4 machines that I have are over 800 hours... Broke 2 or 3 C1's last summer....

Buy a ROCK or CT.... End the madness.:mrgreen:

AL

awe
06-07-2010, 09:52 PM
It has been a long known problem.... The L2 coil is glued but not enough... The QC vibration causes the coil to snap....

Just a heads up.... At about 700 hours expect the X Termination Board C1 to do the same.... 3 out of 4 machines that I have are over 800 hours... Broke 2 or 3 C1's last summer....

Buy a ROCK or CT.... End the madness.:mrgreen:

AL

Al thank you for your information, but what is ROCK or CT? Do you have any photo of the parts?

Joel

Digitalwoodshop
06-08-2010, 12:50 AM
ROCK - Is a After market Bit holder that replaces the QC and helps hold the bit SOLID as a ROCK... Find any post from RJustice or search "ROCK" using the " " and you will find a link to Ron's Order Info.

The CT is LHR's new improved Z Truck and is called the Carve Tite and of similar design to Ron's ROCK but with improvements and it is a one piece about 4 inches long and replaces the shaft of the Z Truck.

AL

awe
06-08-2010, 10:59 AM
ROCK - Is a After market Bit holder that replaces the QC and helps hold the bit SOLID as a ROCK... Find any post from RJustice or search "ROCK" using the " " and you will find a link to Ron's Order Info.

The CT is LHR's new improved Z Truck and is called the Carve Tite and of similar design to Ron's ROCK but with improvements and it is a one piece about 4 inches long and replaces the shaft of the Z Truck.

AL

Al thank you, I've made a research on "rock" and Carvetight but couldn't decide on which one is best. Do you have any recomendation?

Awe:(

Digitalwoodshop
06-08-2010, 02:27 PM
By design the new Carve Tite in my opinion being a one piece solid shaft design would in theory be better.

The down side is that you need to use a 1/2 inch adapter for all bits not 1/2 inch. LHR is offering them with pressed on 1/2 inch sleeves. They also offer sleeves to fit your bits. In my opinion the sleeves used with your own bits adds a element of instability to the bit as it has slits cut in the sleeve and is squeezed by the Carve Tite. This is only my opinion.

The UP side to the ROCK that I use is that it attach's to the Truck that I already have. It screws on and in my opinion that even with the threads is as solid as a ROCK. It comes in 2 versions, a 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch....

I use the 1/4 inch for all bits.... If I want I can buy a 1/2 inch ROCK lower piece and easily change to a 1/2 inch ROCK if needed. I have a need to use some 1/8 inch bits soon and have 2 options. Use a 1/8 inch sleeve or If I remember correct, RJustice might have a 1/8 inch ROCK....

With the ROCK if the Z Truck is damaged you can move the ROCK to the new Truck.... If the CT is damaged you loose the CT.

Not having to mess with 1/2 inch adapters is the sole reason I will continue to use the ROCK. That is just my opinion.... This is a sensitive topic....

Coke or Dr. Pepper..... COKE.... Both are soda...both wet...

AL

awe
06-08-2010, 05:16 PM
:p Al I decided to buy Rock chuck instead of CT.