PDA

View Full Version : picture frame

CarverJerry
06-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I have a question about carving this picture frame. When it starts which is on the back side it takes such a long time to carve because it is using the carving bit to do the recess area for the picture (lithopane) to sit in. I was wondering if anyone has modified this to where it will only cut the area out from the cut path to the 5X7 area. Hope this makes sence of what I'm trying to say. It would save so much time if it could be done. Thanks for any suggestion & help

CarverJerry

bjbethke
06-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I have a question about carving this picture frame. When it starts which is on the back side it takes such a long time to carve because it is using the carving bit to do the recess area for the picture (lithopane) to sit in. I was wondering if anyone has modified this to where it will only cut the area out from the cut path to the 5X7 area. Hope this makes sence of what I'm trying to say. It would save so much time if it could be done. Thanks for any suggestion & help

CarverJerry
That's easy to change the back side carving. Just use the 1/2 inch bit to route the back side. See MPC

AskBud
06-06-2010, 02:46 PM

CarverJerry

If you have the 3/8 straight bit, you could undo the carve area on the back, apply the 3/8 straight bit and bring your line in just enough the allow your Corian.
AskBud

www.go3d.us
06-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Copy and paste your cut path, make it a carve region and give it zero depth. Do that on both side and that area will be filled leave only the cut path.
HT

CarverJerry
06-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Thanks guys, I'll give the ideas a try. Any thing to save all that time especially when carving in optimal settings.

CJ