PDA

View Full Version : last question

temler
06-05-2010, 07:29 PM
last questions.

* best outside program to edit a scanned object?

* what is the best file type to save a scan to since most out side programs don't use MPW files?

* should i save a PNG? that only comes out shades of gray is that the easiest way to edit it?

I took and object out of the middle of the scanned image and want to cover the hole where the object was with the same look and depths, and groves that are next to the area where the items was removed. I had no problem erasing the part of the scan i didn't want but to make the grove that were beside it come over and cover it just doesn't work.

* What do you all know about the clone brush, is there one in pattern editor? * what file type should i save my scan to before using PSE to use it's clone brush?

* I have reread this who site or it sure feels link it since i have been on here all day just to figure out how to do one thing plus listen to most of the videos from the adobe site that Bud suggested. read just everything and i know some of you know just how to do this.

*will i loss a lot of detail from my scan if i go to a PNG or JPG and then clone the side over the area i want changed and
* then what type of file should i go back to so i can save it in the pattern editor again?

i think that is enough
thanks for all the help.
Tim

Just take halter off this llama is all i want to do and i don't think i put this question in the right place earlier and i don't think i asked all the question i want answers too.
Thanks
Tim

ajk
06-06-2010, 05:41 AM
i post a mpc. if that's what you want and you are sastified then i explain what i did. if not explain what you don't like.
thanks
hilda

www.go3d.us
06-06-2010, 01:57 PM
* best outside program to edit a scanned object?
Zbrush, sculptis (free) the easy one must be pattern editor. I myself have never used pattern editor but from the look of it, it must be the easy one.
However, I have to say that there are no best program out there, only best skill can get the job done right.

* what is the best file type to save a scan to since most out side programs don't use MPW files?
PNG

* should i save a PNG? that only comes out shades of gray is that the easiest way to edit it?
Yes

I took and object out of the middle of the scanned image and want to cover the hole where the object was with the same look and depths, and groves that are next to the area where the items was removed. I had no problem erasing the part of the scan i didn't want but to make the grove that were beside it come over and cover it just doesn't work.

Use stamp tool or clone brush. Every image editor has this feature.

* What do you all know about the clone brush, is there one in pattern editor? * what file type should i save my scan to before using PSE to use it's clone brush?
Clone brush or stamping tool will take one area and put it in another.
Always use PNG format no matter what software.

* I have reread this who site or it sure feels link it since i have been on here all day just to figure out how to do one thing plus listen to most of the videos from the adobe site that Bud suggested. read just everything and i know some of you know just how to do this.

*will i loss a lot of detail from my scan if i go to a PNG or JPG and then clone the side over the area i want changed and
You don't lost detail when saving in JPG with 0% compression. Put don't use JPG format because it is not intended for use with CW system.

* then what type of file should i go back to so i can save it in the pattern editor again?
I don't have pattern editor so I can't answer this one but in most case only use PNG format whenever you can.

Hope this help.
HT

temler
06-06-2010, 04:15 PM
i post a mpc. if that's what you want and you are sastified then i explain what i did. if not explain what you don't like.
thanks
hilda

that would be great. that helps a lot so if you don't mind just attach a MPC file of what you can do to it and i will let you know if we are thinking the same thing.
Thanks for your help Tim

ajk
06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
that would be great. that helps a lot so if you don't mind just attach a MPC file of what you can do to it and i will let you know if we are thinking the same thing.
Thanks for your help Tim

i post in patter sha
hilda