PDA

View Full Version : Ztruck keeps going when lid lifted????

djarboe
06-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Just started a new carving. After about 15 minutes, I opened the cover to vacuum out the chips. The cut motor stopped, but the cutting head kept rastering back and forth, as if it was still cutting.:confused::confused::confused:

Any ideas??? I'm about 30% into a three hour carve, and hate to abort at this point.

Digitalwoodshop
06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
The Left Cover Switch has dust in it and is not dis engaging. It tells the computer you opened the cover. The Cut Motor stops because the right switch is a safety switch and stops the cut motor.

Use Options and Sensor data to monitor the cover switch to fix it.

Pressing STOP once will stop the machine for you to open the cover.... but get the switch fixed....

AL

djarboe
06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
The Left Cover Switch has dust in it and is not dis engaging. It tells the computer you opened the cover. The Cut Motor stops because the right switch is a safety switch and stops the cut motor.

Pressing STOP once will stop the machine for you to open the cover.... but get the switch fixed....

AL

Thanks! and thanks for saving this carving. Can I clean the switch, or will it have to be replaced? I have a can of compressed air for blowing dust of my camera lens... I guess I could try that.

Digitalwoodshop
06-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes, the Air will help sometimes...... LHR did not design in a mechanical stop on the clear cover. If you remove the top cover assembly and move it, you need to know to support the clear cover... It will rest on the switches and DAMAGE them if not....

Another unwritten rule we must all know.

Could be 2 wires are touching on the switch..... Or it is just stuck...

AL

djarboe
06-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes, the Air will help sometimes...... LHR did not design in a mechanical stop on the clear cover. If you remove the top cover assembly and move it, you need to know to support the clear cover... It will rest on the switches and DAMAGE them if not....

Another unwritten rule we must all know.

Could be 2 wires are touching on the switch..... Or it is just stuck...

AL
Well, tried a quick air blast, but that didn't do the job. I'll check for shorted wiring once my carving is done. Can the switch be removed without removing the top cover?

Digitalwoodshop
06-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Easier to remove the top.... But if it cleared you might be good....

Remember that plug on that switch can plug into the socket 2 ways... If you push hard enough..... White wire toward the center of the machine.

180 out and you get open cover all the time..

AL

djarboe
06-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Easier to remove the top.... But if it cleared you might be good....

Remember that plug on that switch can plug into the socket 2 ways... If you push hard enough..... White wire toward the center of the machine.

180 out and you get open cover all the time..

AL
OK, thanks... and thanks for the orientation hint. Knowing me, I have a 75% chance of getting THAT wrong:)

djarboe
06-06-2010, 11:16 AM

AL
Al, as a follow up... after the carving was complete, I blew more air around the switch while manually operating it. Then I repeated this, except using my shop vac. Tried it this morning, and it appeared to work.

Thanks to your feedback, I will now know what to do when/if this happens again.

Thanks!
Dave