PDA

View Full Version : I need some custom millwork.

MarkJamesDesign
06-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I sold my Carvewright machine and most of my woodworking tools about a year and half ago because I didn't have a huge need for them and I needed the $$$. Now I wish I had them back.

All that aside, I know this forum is full of hobbyists and part time woodworkers, so maybe there is someone here who is interested in a small but long term project.

I need quite a bit of small, thin (1/16") pieces of several hardwood species.

The optimal size would be 1" x 6" strips or 2" x 4" swatches, 1/16" thick, in maple, mahogany and walnut. Other sizes (h x w) would work, but the thickness would need to always be 1/16". Quantities would be approx. 500 to 800 pc. monthly on a continuous cycle.

If you are interested in this project or would like more details, please email me at hanskgolf@aol.com.

Thanks,
Jim D.

DocWheeler
06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Jim,

Just curious, why don't you get a paper cutter (shear) and use veneer?

Digitalwoodshop
06-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Jim,

This place will hook you up. Making Thin wood in not the CW's best application....

http://www.cardsofwood.com/

Sometimes I wish I sold all my Wood Working stuff.... I would have been in bed last night at 1 AM rather than making artwork samples for a wood sign customer....:mrgreen:

AL

AskBud
06-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Have you looked for an Amish dealer, close to your area?
AskBud

MarkJamesDesign
06-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Ken,
I found 1/16" veneer at Constantines just after I posted my thread. I'm going to give it a try for now. I need to put the pieces in a laser and have shapes cut out. Hopefully the small pieces will lay flat enough to get a good clean cut.

Thanks,

Jim