PDA

View Full Version : Problem activating Centerline software, wonky site security

Billions
06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Bought this today, can't activate it. Immediately get a '404 error' dialog box from the Designer software when I try to manually enter or paste in the serial number that I have in my e-mail - that "404" is usually an internet error code for "page not found"; we've all seen that before. But the Designer software can't seem to activate my Centerline text, and now I'm wondering if it has to do with the new website redesign.

I should have bought it last week!

So I decided to try to do the other activation where you enter info in your Carvewright online account and download a file. You're supposed to log-in, go to to a account area, and see a field called "Enter Activation ID or Serial Number here" but whenever I log in, I immediately get put at the front page, except now I'm logged in. But no account link or area to add my Centerline serial number is apparent to me.

Does anyone know where this is?

Not only that, but possibly more troubling for everyone is that I just noticed that when I log-in here, my username and password are both in the URL in my browser once I log in, ending like this (obviously I've placed Xs where my actual password is:

...index.htm?userName=Billions&password=XXXXX&Login=Login

Very insecure stuff going on with that, guys. Has it always been like this? I think I would have spotted it in the two years or so I've been bumming around this site.

Any thoughts on that activation, though?

dbfletcher
06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure it IS related. When I go to update my licences from within designer, I get the same 404 message. Hopefully they will get it resolved early tomorrow.

Doug Fletcher

Billions
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
OK, no luck today either. No replies to my e-mail to them, but I called and they said yes, they are aware of the issue, and it is getting looked at by their web people.

Billions
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Just activated my Centerline package, so it's back and happening over there -

Awesome!

Now about that password in the URL business...