PDA

View Full Version : Thank you again HT!!

Ike
06-01-2010, 01:51 PM
HT thanks again for the Mule patterns the head profile was great!

I got back yesterday from Mule days in Bishop Ca. and what an event! I found out this is the 3rd largest equestrian event in the USA. I applied to get my sign shop in about 5 years ago and was told no and forgot about it. Then was called last month. I thought why did the other sign maker leave?

I was told he sold 4 signs last year to be shipped at about $80.00 plus per signs. Well he failed to ship them, so the 4 customers called the Mule days office and spoke to person in charge and she called the sign maker. He told her OH I lost the address and phone number! Wow lost the info? This was before Christmas, now the event was last week Memorial day weekend. She told him she was going to check after the first of the year if he sent the signs. She did and he didn't!

Then he was surprised when she told him he was not invited back! I did well I made 78 signs well 75 3 to be shipped in the 4 days! I am tired

I was given a lot of compliments on how much better my signs were then the other guys! There is a large group of sign makers that just do the same letter style. I talk to main owner and this what he told me, with my signs I make quality and with his shop he makes quantity!

This is what most of there signs look like. They are good carvings, but no variety. Thanks again HT! Oh I forgot I am over 400 hours on the cut motor and have had great results with my CW! Only had the board sensor hitch and I solved that problem!

Ike

dbfletcher
06-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Thats great to hear Ike. I'm sure you will be getting lots of additional orders as the people who show off thiers signs to friends and family. Great job!

Doug Fletcher

Ike
06-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Thats great to hear Ike. I'm sure you will be getting lots of additional orders as the people who show off theirs signs to friends and family. Great job!

Doug Fletcher

Thanks Doug I almost forgot the Reno rodeo coordinator wants some signs and 3 other people wants ranch signs and one is 24" by 20' I quoted $2400.00 for and other 2 I think may be over $1000.00! So for trying to slow down on signs because of 4 ruptured disc in my back isn't working out! I have 7 more events to come! I bought our soda wagon to help with the back!

Now I am working both!

Plus anyone needing a mule pattern the ones HT offers carve great!

Ike

www.go3d.us
06-01-2010, 04:28 PM
You are so welcome Ike. If you need anything, I'm just one click away :)
Thanks
HT

CarverJerry
06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Ike, really glad you finally got your foot in the door. Good luck with your new venture(s) soda wagon included. But man, take it easy on that 'ol back, like you....we ain't kids any more grandpa :mrgreen:

CJ

Eagle Hollow
06-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Ike,

Keeping that busy with the signs, you NEED a soda wagon nearby. Ya gotta replace the perspiration. Really good to see success with these quirky, addictive little machines. Now you don't have any warranty! Wishing you continued success with your businesses.

Ike
06-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Ike, really glad you finally got your foot in the door. Good luck with your new venture(s) soda wagon included. But man, take it easy on that 'ol back, like you....we ain't kids any more grandpa :mrgreen:

CJ

Well Jerry I have had a sign business for 26 years! And have been going to fairs since I was 17 and for the last 10 year with my own business. So I think by now I have my whole body in the door!!!

Thank you though! My soda business is in the second year! Plus a lot easier on the ol back! Plus I love being a grandpa! I have a new Grand daughter a little over month old now!

Ike

Ike
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Ike,

Keeping that busy with the signs, you NEED a soda wagon nearby. Ya gotta replace the perspiration. Really good to see success with these quirky, addictive little machines. Now you don't have any warranty! Wishing you continued success with your businesses.

Thank you too Jerry! The good thing is I hand rout my signs also and use my CW. If I didn't hand rout some of my signs I would have never been able to make 78 signs in 4 days! About 25 signs were mad with the CW the rest hand routed!

Then in 2 weeks I have another fair and I need more sign blanks! I am down to gluing boards to size I saved that were cracked etc. Oh well it is just time!!!

Ike

RayTrek
06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Hello Ike,
To cool,
Mammoth was my home for 23 years, worked with electrical and control systems on the ski lifts, I know the area well.
Good on you and well done venture, Cheers.
Ray

Ike
06-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Hello Ike,
To cool,
Mammoth was my home for 23 years, worked with electrical and control systems on the ski lifts, I know the area well.
Good on you and well done venture, Cheers.
Ray

Ray I bet you have been to Mule Days! So you know it is a HUGE event! Thank you I was kind of proud of myself I kept up and only took home a couple large signs home to make then ship! 78 signs in 4 days working 9 am to 9 pm ! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

Ike