PDA

View Full Version : error 319-tracking roller

deannielsen
06-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm new at the forum and not sure if I'm in the right place for asking questions.

Whenever I load a board and the machine starts to measure the board, it stops right away and makes a sound like the clutch on a cordless drill when the clutch isn't set high enough. The prompter reads: Check Tracking Roller- Error 319. Can anyone tell me what to look for and how to fix it?
Dean

dbfletcher
06-01-2010, 01:45 PM
That sounds like you may have stripped a few x-gear teeth. Let me do a quick search an I'll post some relevant links for you to look at. On the plus side, it is a fairly inexpensive part to replace.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11281&highlight=x+gear+stripped
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=13450&highlight=x+gear

here is the PDF for replacing the x-gears

http://www.carvewright.com/images/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_x-drive_gear.pdf

Doug Fletcher

Jcpb321
06-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Dean,

Of course these other gentlepeople know a whole lot more than I do but check everything a couple times 1st and from what I have read.

is the o ring still on by the tracking gear? did you use masking tape on the bottom? do you have the correct pressure down on your rollers? are your boards straight and flat?

I offer this advice since I spent the past 4 days trying to do a scan and finally found out my probe was not inserted in the chuck the correct way now I feel really stupid!

Good luck with it,

John

Icutone2
06-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Dean WELCOME to the forum!
Lee

Digitalwoodshop
06-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm new at the forum and not sure if I'm in the right place for asking questions.

Whenever I load a board and the machine starts to measure the board, it stops right away and makes a sound like the clutch on a cordless drill when the clutch isn't set high enough. The prompter reads: Check Tracking Roller- Error 319. Can anyone tell me what to look for and how to fix it?
Dean

Dean,

Welcome. The Links above and the PDF will give you the pictures and instructions to change the gears.

It is important to find WHY the gears broke.

Things that can cause it...

Sawdust build up on the board while cutting jamming the board.

A Tapered Board in Thickness or Width, acting like a wedge.

The Right side guide should never touch the right side of the board and be between a dime and quarter in thickness away. It only really needs to be there if you are doing a cut path.

Too heavy a board can snap the gears too.

A Folded Under Belt can snap the gears too.... Usually the belt under the muffler usually creeps toward the keypad and rolls under. It is hard to see but looking on the far side and if the belt is missing..... It's rolled under....

I rip a 1 inch strip from the belt near the brass roller when it rolls up on me.

AL

deannielsen
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks everyone...I'll try all the suggestions and see what I come up with.

deannielsen
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
What links are you refering to for pictures and instructions on how to replace the gears?

deannielsen
06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
The pdf won't open...have you got it typed right?

dbfletcher
06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
The pdf won't open...have you got it typed right?

They completely changed their website yesterday... so the links I posted below are no longer good. I'll try to post updated one later tonight unless someone else beats me too it. You can make a good guess at what the new link should be if you compare the old link to the new format.

Doug Fletcher