PDA

View Full Version : "skip" in carving figure in long pattern.

Pavel52
05-31-2010, 11:27 AM
I have had my CarveWrite for 6 months now and have a dozen successful cuts under my belt. (have torn 2 drive belts but that is another post for later.)

Last night was caving a 2X4 used for a re-enactors tent pole. The one side carved great. The client was super pleased. the other side, in the second to last "shape" to be carved the machine stopped 3/4 the way through the cut, moved down 3.5" and finished the cut. I tried to attach file but it's too big. It had cut the exact same pattern without fault on the other side but broke the pattern for this 3.5" blank space on the opposite side. Any clue?

Kenm810
05-31-2010, 11:36 AM
What was the length of the 2"x4", Were the ends supported?
It sounds like it may have lost conntact with the Brass Tracking Roller http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon9.gif
A slight twist or cuping of the Project Board can also cause it to "Skip"

Ps. Welcome to the CW Forum

AskBud
05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
See if the file may be attached by "Zipping" the MPC.
My bet is that the carve is too close to the edge, and therefore the brass roller lost contact.
AskBud

Pavel52
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Kenm810;131399]What was the length of the 2"x4", Were the ends supported?
*Pav Says*
8' for a 7' cut. supports 3' from the CW on both sides.

[QUOTE=Kenm810;131399]It sounds like it may have lost conntact with the Brass Tracking Roller
*Pav Says*
*sigh* One of the "patterns" had cut close enough to the edge that the edge had collapsted and lost contact. Modifying the pattern now for second try.

Thanks for the useful help.

Pavel