PDA

View Full Version : z axis 313 on scan

Jcpb321
05-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Several times I have tried to use this scan probe, the last time the object was moved on the board to get it oriented better and it didn't help either.

My project is about 3" round and 3/8 thick, I set the corners and set the depth with a shim, changed quality to best and it started the scan, about 1/3 thru the scan it stops saying z axis error 313.

If I restart the scan and go straight accross the project and set one corner and then to the bottom and set the other corner it will do it from there.

I have had success one time today but the quality was on normal and its just not the quality that I was expecting for the scan.

I watched the scan video, read this forum a bunch today and tried some different things but still no luck.

I am running 1.164 and my probe is on the keyboard side under the door.

what else do I need to tell you??

John

Jcpb321
05-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Today I tried best quality, set depth, set positions at corners and length 4.05 width 4.o1, scanned 3 minutes and quit with z axis.

Then I used normal quality and it only scanned about 1 minute and ended up with same thing.

BTW I had this same problem with 1.163.

Time to work on the boat!

John

CarverJerry
05-31-2010, 11:34 AM
John, are you removing the flex cable from the Z truck? Same thing happened to me the other day running the 1.163 also. I removed the cable and did 2 scans with no z errors at all. Just a suggestion, oh you may want to be sure the Z belt and rails are clean and free of dust and stuff. Good luck

CJ

Jcpb321
05-31-2010, 01:23 PM
CJ,

Yes I did remove the flex shaft, I have checked for dust, before the last failure I used the air compressor and blew the whole thing out, I also use Fredericks design of dust collector which I am very very happy with virtually dust free after carving, I did remove the DC before attempting to scan!

Dunno, too hot to go fishin for another couple hours but the boat is at the dock..

My luck is gettin bad I catch no fish with the fish scanner and I get no patterns scanning with the cw.

Soon it is going to be a choice of fishin and give up this dream!

John

Jcpb321
06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
CJ,
Well it worked today, evidently as many times as I had that probe out of the chuck I still somehow managed to get it back in the wrong way.... if that is possible.
Today after many cleaning tips I put the probe in and found it was not in completely, turned it around 180 deg and it worked great, go figure, dumb me!
I did put a paint line so I know better next time, suppose I should tie a bow around my finger too!
John