PDA

View Full Version : bit going though the borad

hess
05-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey all got a guy who is in my area that has a 2 year old unit that he has been making small signs with. it has suddenly started carving strange. It starts out ok but then begins cutting higher and higher. than the next try it starts ok but carves all the way though the sign. Sorry I know I have seen the problem here but can not locate the thread

any ideas would be most helpful as his attempts to reach LHR by email have got no replies.

Also we hope you all have a great holiday and lets all remember the true reason for the season. Thanks to all the men and women who serve to keep us safe past, present and future. All gave some..Some gave all

Hess USN

dbfletcher
05-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey all got a guy who is in my area that has a 2 year old unit that he has been making small signs with. it has suddenly started carving strange. It starts out ok but then begins cutting higher and higher. than the next try it starts ok but carves all the way though the sign. Sorry I know I have seen the problem here but can not locate the thread

any ideas would be most helpful as his attempts to reach LHR by email have got no replies.

Also we hope you all have a great holiday and lets all remember the true reason for the season. Thanks to all the men and women who serve to keep us safe past, present and future. All gave some..Some gave all

Hess USN

Possible a dirty z-encoder? I think if you search on that there are several thread that discus methods for cleaning.

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
05-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Same advice as here....

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=15480&page=2 (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=15480&page=2)

The Z Stall ( OR Drill Through ) could be as simple as dried sawdust on the Z Rails and Belt.

It could be that it has the old Z with the 18 pin FSC Cable. It sometimes causes a Z Stall for a few reasons from the thinner conductors or a broken wire inside the FSC Cable. Buying the new Z Bundle with the thicker 14 pin cable helps.

A Loose bit in a bit holder can cause a Z Stall too.

Worst possible case the $300.00 computer has a blown Z Drive.... Unluckily unless you have a accident and the FSC Cable is pulled out at a angle with the power on.

Dust in the Z encoder can cause it too...

I wouldn't fear a Z Stall.... My last $500.00 broken machine (#4) with a Z Stall was simply a broken wire in the 14 pin FSC Cable. It frustrated the owner to the point of selling the machine.

AL

hess
05-29-2010, 08:07 PM
thanks much guys. Im trying to locate some pics for reference

and as always Al you have put up pics. thanks now I know where to tell him to look

lmoutdrs
05-29-2010, 08:47 PM
On the back of the motor is a black cover. Watch when you take this off as there are two little nuts that will fall off. Remove the three screws from the cap and pull it straight back. Also blow air through the small hole in the top as dust might have collected there. I just went through the same thing and posted pics last week.