PDA

View Full Version : ftsman 1/4 in. QuickRout™ Kit on Trend Router?

adamchapman
05-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Hi,

I recently came across thie Carvewright Quickrout kit which looks very good, but have not been able to find out how it attatches to a router.

I have a Trend T4 router which I use on a home-built CNC. I curently use a 1/4 inch collet in mt Trend T4 and it is not big enough to use 1/2 inch collets.

Could someone please forward me a manual explaining how the quickrout kit attatches to a normal router and/or if my trend T4 can use it? the outer thread om my collet holder is about 15mm diameter.

Many Thanks
Adam

PCW
05-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Adam,

If you are referring to the QuickChuck it is pretty much made for a CarveWright machine with 3/4" - 20 threads spindle so you may want to check your spindle to see if it is compatible. Sears also offers the chuck for the Sears router but it is a different configuration than the one sold for the CarveWright machine and I don't remember the spindle specification but they are not interchangeable.

A couple of chucks that you may want to look at is the Eliminator RC chuck or a Whiteside Quick Change Chuck.

If you need information on the Eliminator RC chuck you may want to contact the inventor Joe Marmo at 703-644-4188 between 10AM and 10PM Eastern, 7 days a week to see if he offers the chuck for the Trend T4.

Good Luck

rjustice
05-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi Adam,
I would also be willing to adapt the Rock Chuck system to your router if you are interested.

Thanks for any interest you may have!

Ron

Metalhead781
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
I would go with Ron's offer. I'm getting a new machine in a few more weeks and i want my rock chuck on it. I just need the router that comes with it first. The quick chuck for the cw will not hold up on a larger cnc machine. The qc need a lot of maintenance and user error is an issue.

Good Luck
MH