PDA

View Full Version : Text size on setup vs. finished text size

raymondg
05-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Why does the text size on my finished board come out smaller than the size I input.

AskBud
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Why does the text size on my finished board come out smaller than the size I input.

In most cases, it would be because you allowed the machine to "Size to Fit" rather than "Keep the Original size". If your actual board is not as wide as your design board, or the machine does not see the "Length" it requires, It will prompt the "Sizing" question.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
05-27-2010, 02:54 PM
You can look at the type text on the display. If you needed 2 inch high text you can just type in 2 inch in the display above. The Text length might get 3 feet long, but you can then grab the end of the 2 inch text and move it toward the center and make it shorter but still 2 inches.....

Great Flexibility. I sometimes draw a 2 x 2 inch box on the board and use that as a ruler on the board to check size then delete it later.

Learn the 7 inch rule of wood in Tips and Tricks and watch when you select to stay under the rollers and the machine asks you to scale the project.

AL