PDA

View Full Version : Have you recieved an email from: Jim Jones [jim.jones1057@yahoo.com] ?

Jeff_Birt
05-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I received an email marked with this email address:Jim Jones [jim.jones1057@yahoo.com], asking if I sold (CARVEWRIGHTS), seriously they inserted the word CarveWright just like that! It was also saying they were going to ship the machine to Sweeden with their own shipping arrangements.

The message is very suspicious, a classic Internet scheme to rip people off, and addressed to another persons email address (not mine).

If you received this email I would suggest NOT responding to it.

Digitalwoodshop
05-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Was that Rev. Jim Jones.. He will pay with a Bank Check for 10 times the amount. He will instruct you to cash the check and wire him the "Extra" money through Western Union Money. He will have the Shipper contact you for the machine but will never show. Then the bank check is found to be no good and that money you sent by Western Union.... To Nigeria..... Well.... It's gone....

On Sawmill Creek, it is usually 3000 Plaques with a Cross on it for a orphanage in Nigeria.....

Good Call Jeff...

AL

SteveEJ
05-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Yea.. Great Catch! Scammer.. Do NOT drink the koolaide!!! ;)

badger
05-26-2010, 07:08 PM
You can check the Federal Trade Commission for recent and past scams currently running.

www.ftc.gov

you can also use them to file a complaint.

Did a county wide lecture on this issue two years ago on internet and email scams and fraud.

Just think if they send them out in mass around to a couple thousand emails and only get 1 hit thats still money in the bank for them. Unfortunately were taking reports every day for individuals.

Digitalwoodshop
11-08-2010, 09:12 PM
I have seen a spike in my email spam.... That and 10 SEO companies A DAY that want to increase my website traffic..... Well.. They found me.... Nuff Said.... I like the return numbers... 1010101010

I am sure for every 1000 they send out.... They get 1 Gullible nibble.... Then that person goes on the "LIST"....

That 20/20 or Dateline story about SCAMMERS showed how they used some Free Give Away to get lists of Gullible People...

I liked when the Police were Scammers in the early 80's... Chicago.... Supper Bowl Tickets.... They sent fake "You WON Supper Bowl Tickets" to people with outstanding Warrants..... The front lobby areas was setup like a Foot Ball Giveaway, Balloons, Signs, Cheer Leaders.... Enter the Back Room to get you Tickets.... The Cops Greet you.... Slap on the Cuffs..... I liked it better when the GOOD GUYS pulled the Scams.....

AL

Ike
11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I had this happen last year for signs, they represented their self as a church needing vinyl signs. They sent it to my business e-mail from my web site so I thought it was a real customer. I told them I make only wooden signs and the pastor told me they would do fine. Well after giving a price they came up with their own shipping company. The scam was I pay for the shipping and they would reimburse me. So they come in all forms, so watch out!

Ike