PDA

View Full Version : Carvers Club

CHRISTIAN
05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I have been trying to decide if joining the carvers club would be worth the investment. My money is tight right now and I do not want to spend it on things that would not be beneficial.

christian

cnsranch
05-26-2010, 03:23 PM
IMHO, there are so many great projects that folks here have shared, for the average user, you'll never get thru them all. Carve 15 or 20 projects, or so, and you'll figure out just how beneficial the Carvers Club will be for your personal situation.

c6craig
05-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Just to be clear....

The CARVERS CLUB is not the PROJECT OF THE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION.

The Carvers Club offers:
1.Monthly Exclusive Promotions*
2.Unlimited Free Phone Support
3.25% OFF all labor costs for repairs
http://www.carvewright.com/cms/carversclub

The Project of the Month Subscription offers:
This subscription Newsletter gives you a new project to build, complete with instructions, every month for a year. Specially created by Michael Tyler, these projects sell individually from $30, $40, $65 each or more! By signing up for the subscription project newsletter, you'll save hundreds of dollars!

Each month's project includes all the pattern layouts you'll need, along with a compete set of step-by-step instructions. The mastery of these projects will amaze you and anyone else who sees them.
http://www.carvewright.com/cms/subscription

---
For My money - you can't go wrong with the Project of the month subscription. Each project is excellent, MT does a heck of a job on these for us. You can also browse the projects in the store to see what the past POMs were to get a better idea.

As for the Carvers club, it really depends on your warranty status and how many times you are calling support. They have given us very few patterns, and I have only cared for one of the month's discounts (This month was $10 off each carving or cutting bit).

Good luck,
Craig

dbfletcher
05-26-2010, 05:02 PM
I'd second that. The POM is definately money well spent. You get 12 "wow factor" projects that really highlight many of the capaibilitis of the machine.

If under warrenty, i'm not sure Carver club offer much value.

Doug Fletcher

Smoken D
05-26-2010, 06:27 PM
YES for P.O.M.
Money well spent for this one!:)

CarverJerry
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
POM is a good investment and MT is really good at what he does.

CJ

firedawgbw
05-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Is the 'elevated tech support' worth the extra money?

c6craig
05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Is the 'elevated tech support' worth the extra money?

Not if you are in warranty. The tech support is the same for everyone, but if you are out of warranty you pay $25 per incident for support. This eliminates that.

Good luck,
Craig

hess
05-31-2010, 02:33 PM
I paid the extra for the CC for the support. Have to say it is no different then the support you normally get. Email still goes unanswered and pc not returned.

The extras they "give" are mostly related to you buying something else thats the old noting is really free thing

Fact is with the guys here you can most likely solve any issue

The POm however is a sure bet speaking of POMs I have not got any for awhile hope they renewed me

c6craig
05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
I agree Hess, I won't be renewing mine when it expires. Most of the discounts didn't apply to me with the exception of one (the $10 of bits). I haven't needed support, this forum is 24 hour support. I'll roll the dice next time around with the $25 per incident.

Craig

hess
05-31-2010, 10:42 PM
I cant even remember why I got it I only have 1 cw and the 2 cc have 4 years left:confused:

c6craig
06-01-2010, 12:07 AM
I cant even remember why I got it I only have 1 cw and the 2 cc have 4 years left:confused:

Well it was compelling from the sales pitch. I kind of thought that it would mean elevated tech support (not true, it's the same-you just don't pay the 25 bucks); monthly discounts (many were repeats on minor amounts off of software); and patterns (which I think there were only 2).

It was a gamble, but unless you are out of warranty and need support often I don't think it pays for itself.

Craig

CHRISTIAN
06-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the input I think that I will hold off and rely on the experience you all have to answer my questions.

Christian

cwjmarcu
05-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi I wanted to know what do the letters POM stand for

eelamb
05-06-2014, 06:59 AM
It stands for Project Of the Month POM
http://forum.carvewright.com/forumdisplay.php?24-Projects-Gallery

dbemus
05-06-2014, 03:40 PM
I find the Project of the Month is money well spent, especially for beginners. You learn a lot about the capabilities of the machine as well as finishing techniques and products on the market. Many very exciting projects. Something to look forward to first of each month.