PDA

View Full Version : Chip Out

deron
05-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey guys how do you prevent chip out to letters. Each time i cut a name in a board portions of the letter get chipped out. I have tried to reduce the depth 0.080, bit optimization - none, optimal instead of best. Any ideas????

PCW
05-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Try adding some draft to the text.

In Designer right click on the text drop down to draft.

AskBud
05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey guys how do you prevent chip out to letters. Each time i cut a name in a board portions of the letter get chipped out. I have tried to reduce the depth 0.080, bit optimization - none, optimal instead of best. Any ideas????

As stated in the post above, add a "Draft". In addition, increase your text "Spacing" to about 15 or higher.
AskBud

deron
05-25-2010, 11:49 AM
ok thanks guys i will try asap.

www.go3d.us
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM

Also use bit optimization best to bold up the text.

AskBud
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
ok thanks guys i will try asap.

If you continue to have a problem, attach your MPC for us to view.
AskBud

deron
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I just completed my first sign with no chip out, thanks guys. Any of you have a preference setting for doing signs?

TIMCOSBY
05-26-2010, 12:06 AM

only goes up to best. the optimal setting is when you go to upload it and has nothing to do with bit optimazation but rather the length it moves the board each step. optimal will leave you with less sanding but the carve time increases. bit optimazation doesnt change carve time much. and welcome to the forum.