PDA

View Full Version : Latest Machine

peterelli
05-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi All,
Been reading this forum for some time, lurker, etc.. Spoke with some of you in other forums..

Going onto the CW main site, they have no "new" machines for sale. I read about the few changes they now offer. Look like big improvements.

Question lies, is CW releasing a new machine? I don't expect the look to change but is there another version on the way?

I really want to dive in and get one but have been wave off with the growing pains of current model.

I looked around and didn't see any insight as to when CW will have new models to sell. Only refurbs with upgrades.

Thanks for any info/guidance!
-Peter

TIMCOSBY
05-25-2010, 03:04 AM
that is a tad strange isnt it. even the layaway program when you hit buy now it just brings you back to the referbed one?????

AskBud
05-25-2010, 06:50 AM
It is a possibility that modified (new) version of the machine may be in the mill, however, I think I see another reason for "new machines" to not be available at this time.

I believe LHR has concluded that the QC is a major source of our troubles, and therefore developed/purchased the new CT Chuck Assembly.

When a product is box and sealed at the factory it is "NEW". Once that box is opened, it becomes "Open Stock", and should/may not be marketed as "New".
The box still shows the original printing (which could be appended by a sticker). However, it is still Open stock! Open Stock usually sells at a reduced price, which LHR is doing.

By opening the box and placing the new CT, the stock is no longer "New" as described above. As you may have noticed, the "Referb" units carry the one year warranty as if it were new. Therefore, Open stock and "reconditioned returns" would both qualify as "Referb".

Manufacturers usually contract for a specific amount of product to be produced in a specific time frame. That stock/product must be sold as new or when opened, sold as Open Stock. I think LHR has taken the best option it can by biting the bullet and taken the best course of action at this time.

I am not an Employee of LHR, nor do I own LHR stock. I have no inside information. I'm just looking at the actions taken and determining what may be facts as I see them.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
05-25-2010, 09:25 AM
It may be simply that the new units will ship with the Carve tite.

AL

peterelli
05-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Bud,
I follow your logic and I've been involved with manufacturing to retail end of specialty goods. There is actually nothing wrong with repacking the unit with latest upgrades and calling it new as long as it done prior to leaving the factory.. It's done all the time when the manufacturer finds corrections. Must be repacked, resealed with update information, etc.

"Open box" usually means the retailer has new product, opened, upgraded at the retail location or back at the factory. which this could be LHR case

"Refurb" - defective or used unit. Corrected, updated and repacked.

I guess, if they are at the factory, making a revised version, I wonder what would the "latest" release be or have?

Based on the huge consumer feedback, trial/error, from just this forum alone, one would think that the latest rev would include field tested improvements.

Bottom line, I want one.. just not sure when to pull the trigger.. I've been watching since day one.. when I saw the 1st tv ads hit cable.

I'd like to ask an LHR Rep at a local demo but see very few happening in the US.

Wait continues..

TIMCOSBY
05-25-2010, 11:54 PM
welcome to the forum peter!!

liquidguitars
05-26-2010, 12:02 AM
I would have no qualms personally about getting a rebuilt unit from LHR as long as the new chuck was installed.

LG

lawrence
05-26-2010, 12:04 AM
I would have no qualms personally about getting one from LHR as long as the new chuck was installed.

LG

Agreed... though my voice doesn't carry nearly as much weight as LG's

Lawrence

CarverJerry
05-26-2010, 05:49 AM
I go along with Lawrence and LG 100%, but I'd take a close look and see if you can't get it thru Sears as the warrenty may be longer. something to look into.

CJ

jaroot
05-26-2010, 08:20 AM
I go along with Lawrence and LG 100%, but I'd take a close look and see if you can't get it thru Sears as the warrenty may be longer. something to look into.

CJ

I'm not sure but I thought that somebody said that you can get and extended warranty through Lowe's if you buy one there.

peterelli
05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Not that I am interested in the refurb unit with upgrade but are they allowing these "special" units sold through other retail stores? I am not sure I would take a chance buying a refurb from anyone other than direct from the factory.

Question begs, what's up with the new stock models? when, what price and what changes?

Thanks for the welcome!
-Peter

cestout
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I asked when I purchased my referb to replace the one Sears would not fix and gave me a refund - (This was a machine to replace my first a year ago when Sears did not know how to fix it.) I was told to look for new machines around July. I think the "open box idea" sounds good, because where did all these machines to refreb come from.
Clint