PDA

View Full Version : Hello To ALL

Taz
11-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Name is Taz I have a shop in Port Richey Florida we have a Thermwood CNC machine with a 5'x10' table and we cut parts for cabinet and closet companys
we also have a website 3dwoodshop.net-We do LOTS of carvings and I am very exicted about The CareWright Machine it looks like it will save me a whole lot of time and time is MONEY an MONEY is why we are all in business
The CARVEWRIGHT "I WANT IT!" Problem NONE are at Sears yet! Like to have it NOW! Look forward to talking with some of youand would very much like to visit anyone in local aera who has a machine

Good Day to you all thanks for letting me intro myself
Taz

Dan-Woodman
11-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Welcome Taz
Have you tried carvewright direct to order one .
Now that Sears is involved I here there's a longer waiting list.
Later Daniel

Taz
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Thank You and Yes but NO Machine avaible :cry:

Gman_Ind
11-09-2006, 10:37 AM
I want the machine and the scanner probe attachment, sounds good for restoration and duplication of vintage woodworking. I could make a buffet in the same style with same carved details as the rest of a dining room set. Or repair broken details of otherwise very nice pieces. maybe we could share the scanned profiles once we start developing a custom library.

BobHill
11-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Taz,

Howdy neighbor. I happen to live in Lutz myself and have had my CarveWright for a few months now and expect DHL to arrive with the 3D scanner for it tomorrow. I'm here to tell you that it's a great machine although my projects run more to the smaller items, like wooden model ship parts, etc. As for SEARS, you might check with "W.C" at the Sears store hardware, University Mall on Fowler/Tampa. He might be able to give you some insider information as to the fastest way to get one from Sears. I don't know this for a fact, but he's been more than a little helpful to me over the past years, so it can't hurt.

Bob Hill
Tampa Bay, Florida
(actually Lutz)

Little-John
11-11-2006, 09:09 PM
TAZ, I live in the Eastlake area of Palm Harbor so am just down the road from you. I have had my CW since last spring and am very pleased with it. I travel a lot so give me PM and we can set up a time you can see my machine. I have ordered the scanner but am currently on the road so have not had a chance to even open the box.

cajunpen
11-12-2006, 02:16 PM
I noticed the other day that BobHill had received his scanner. Can you, or anyone else, offer any insight as to what it will add to the CW? I am curious, but was waiting for some input before buying it. I'm anxious to read some postings from you guys that have already received their scanners. I've heard that you will be limited to a thickness of about 1" .

BobHill
11-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Bill,

Since all current carving is limited to 1", being able to scan just to 1" seems reasonable. Remember that you can put in wood a thickness of 5" max, but you can only carve into that by 1". I believe the max height under the scanner and still have clearance is 2½ " but still only 1" deep can be scanned. I've not been able to use it yet due to time restraints, but this coming week you can bet time will be set aside for plenty of experimenting, especially on small detail items, which is what I primarily do. Unless you do just what's available now for carving, Bill, you can't go wrong from what I see to have the scanner. I'm sure glad I got it.

Bob

soomro
11-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Taz, I am all the way in Dallas Texas, but if you happened to be visiting here, I'd be glad to demo the machine for you. Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

Regards,
Munawar