PDA

View Full Version : z truck error 313

wiwoods
05-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I have put my machine repair on hold for about 3 weeks as I had to catch up with my scrolling but am taking the machine apart to check and clean. looking for loose wires and I think I saw that sometimes the z motor casing of something should be blown out? any info on what I am doing would be very appreciated. Mike

c6craig
05-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I think you are referring to the Z Encoder. If you take off the back of the Z motor, you will see a clear disc in there, that sometimes needs to be GENTLY blown out.

Good luck,
Craig

wiwoods
05-24-2010, 06:44 PM
I cleaned and did visual check for loose wires. When I cleaned out the z decoder there was about a tablespoon of dust in there. Got it put together and started the machine. It sets up the board then ask for a carving bit so when it goes to check the bit it gives z truck error 313. Is there any direction to look at it from here. any ideas?

mtylerfl
05-24-2010, 07:32 PM
I cleaned and did visual check for loose wires. When I cleaned out the z decoder there was about a tablespoon of dust in there. Got it put together and started the machine. It sets up the board then ask for a carving bit so when it goes to check the bit it gives z truck error 313. Is there any direction to look at it from here. any ideas?

Are you using the CarveWright QC (or CarveTight) chuck? Is your bit plate swinging out alright? Have you checked the wide gray ribbon cable for any abrasion or damage?

Digitalwoodshop
05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Depending on the age of your machine you may have the old 18 pin version of the FSC Cable. That was a common error.

There is a new 14 pin Z Bundle that will fix that.

Pictures show 16 pin old version but it is a 18 pin version.

AL

eelamb
05-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Stepping in on this thread, Yesterday after carving 4 sides and the top of a box, I carved the feet. This required changing the bit to the 1/8 cutting bit. When I did this the bit touched down on the keyboard side, and once on the swing arm. The second time it touched the swing arm, it appeared to touch it hard. At which time I got the Z axis stall error 313. Today I make up a small cut region and loaded a board. It went through the mesauring the board, asked for the 1/8 bit, once installed it went to the keyboard side to touch down and gave me the same error.

Now for information, have cleaned everything really good, removed the top and got in there and cleaned good too. I am using ver. 1.164, rock chuck, and have the newer 14 pin z bundle. I checked the ribbon cables, and do not see any pinching of the cable, checked the cables for tightness, locking pins are in place. Anyone have any other suggestions?

This is not urgent I finished the carves I was doing, and if it involves moving, turning, rolling the CW, it will have to wait for about 4 to 6 week untill I am allowed to pich up anything greater than 10 pounds.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

eelamb
05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Update:
Decided after reading all I could find. I disconnected all the ribbon cables, reconnected them, plus all the other plug in, and put it back together and it works now.

Again thanks to all that have posted on here giving great information.