PDA

View Full Version : 1.164 upgrade

stanv77
05-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Trouble again and need help. I just now got around to upgading to 1.164 and made my first carving today. I raised up the clear cover to clean out some of the sawdust. The bit quit turning but did not raise out of the carving. Also it was still traveling in the cut path. I managed to get thing turned off before I broke the bit but it was a panic. Is this a problem with the machine or is it something in the new upgrade? Has any one else had this problem or is it me?

AskBud
05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Trouble again and need help. I just now got around to upgading to 1.164 and made my first carving today. I raised up the clear cover to clean out some of the sawdust. The bit quit turning but did not raise out of the carving. Also it was still traveling in the cut path. I managed to get thing turned off before I broke the bit but it was a panic. Is this a problem with the machine or is it something in the new upgrade? Has any one else had this problem or is it me?

I'll bet it's probably a sensor switch (the cover has 2), rather than anything else.
It's always best to press STOP, rather than raising the cover.
AskBud

Jeff_Birt
05-23-2010, 10:00 PM
This is more than likely NOT a 1.164 issue. There are two cover switches one shuts off power to the cut motor and the other sends a signal to the machines control that the the cover is up. Of course the cut motor will turn off when the cover is up but you are depending upon the other switch A) is working and B) that the control reacts fast enough, to keep from breaking things. (The cover switches are there for safety.)

It is much better to press the STOP button on the keypad to let the controller shut things down properly before lifting the cover.

stanv77
05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks guys. I will do the stop button from now on.

dbfletcher
05-23-2010, 11:09 PM
You do need to use a little caution with the stop button however... I have accidentally hit it twice before which the aborts your current carve. It is actually easier to do than you might think....

Doug Fletcher