PDA

View Full Version : Trim feature

Dave A
11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just added my name to the Carvewright waiting list. Looks like it will be the end of the year before machines are available. In the meantime, I have downloaded the software and am spending some time getting familiar with it. When trying draw an arch top sign blank, I drew a line across the top of the board, then drew an oval placing it's center on the line. The plan was to use the trim feature to remove portions the line and the oval leaving an arch in the top center of the board. I could not get the trim feature to delete the unwanted portions of both features. I tried selecting both features and clicking the portions I wanted to keep....nothing happened! Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thanks,
Dave

BobHill
11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Dave,

Why not make that particular part of the line path with the connected tool lines (as continuing along the path) then click the line (not a node) with the change form tool, then just pull the center green node to the arc you with it to be.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Dave A
11-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks Bob,

After playing with the software some more, I was able to create the arch top with a method similar to what you described. The problem... I was comparing Designer to AutoCadd, both have a trim feature but apparently they work differently. Actually, the Designer software is pretty neat. I'm having a lot of fun with it and even learning a few things! Can't wait until I get my machine.

Dave

BobHill
11-09-2006, 07:59 PM
I do, indeed, know the feeling of anticipation, Dave. The one thing that I don't hate, but get anxious about is the amount of time I have to spend on the computer before I can put my designs to work in the machine. So many ideas, and so much time to creat them<g>.

Bob