PDA

View Full Version : Scale to Length question

Walker Sky Ranch
05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Hello all,
I am having a small issue "operator error I am sure"

My virtual board is 21 x 14.5, out of that board I am cutting a 20 x 13 rectangle "complete cut through"

My real board is 27.5 inches long and 14.5 wide. When the machine measures it, it keeps asking me to scale to length? why would it do that with well over 3.5 inches on either side.. It should ask me if I want to center on length, but no.. it ask's scale to length and center on width?
attached mpc

Thank You very much in advance for your help.

dbfletcher
05-20-2010, 10:27 PM
mmm.. by my math you only gave it an extra 6.5" instead of the 7" (it goes by the board size.. not by any elements you have on the virtual board)

oh ya.. also what is it measure your real board at? (27.5" or is it measureing somewhat smaller?

Doug Fletcher

Walker Sky Ranch
05-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Yep, thats the issue..
Doug.. a little math goes a long way.. I was thinking elements not virtual board! THANK YOU

mmm.. by my math you only gave it an extra 6.5" instead of the 7" (it goes by the board size.. not by any elements you have on the virtual board)

oh ya.. also what is it measure your real board at? (27.5" or is it measureing somewhat smaller?

Doug Fletcher

DocWheeler
05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Walker Sky Ranch,

Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page, if your 20" carving is centered on the 21" virtual board, you can safely say "No" to the "scale to fit". Otherwise you will need to extend the board's length be attaching something that is about 1 half-inch long or use a carrier-board with end-fillers.

dbfletcher
05-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Walker Sky Ranch,

Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page, if your 20" carving is centered on the 21" virtual board, you can safely say "No" to the "scale to fit". Otherwise you will need to extend the board's length be attaching something that is about 1 half-inch long or use a carrier-board with end-fillers.

Dont you mean you can safely say "No" to "stay under rollers"? I thought the only options you get whe you dont make sure you follow the 7" rule AND say stay under rollers is "scale to fit" OR "load new board".

Doug Fletcher

DocWheeler
05-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Doug,

You are correct, my "sometimers" is showing again!