PDA

View Full Version : Cut motor problem

TurtleCove
05-20-2010, 09:15 PM
I did a search up here on "Cut Motor", but got a message that the search term was too short.

In any event, I haven't used my machine in about 4 months.
It goes thru the drill of asking me to insert each bit, but as I recall, after I insert a bit, and tell it 'ok', it should spin the bit a little, and then home it.

Well, it never spins it. And so, when it begins cutting, the bit's not spinning. The machine acts like it thinks the bit is cutting, but it's not, cuz it's not even spinning. I did get a "check cut motor" message, and selected continue.

Since I can't search for "cut motor", can you all help me trouble shoot this? Not sure why this would crop up, just from the machine sitting for a few months.

c6craig
05-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Not sure about your problem, I know there are lots of posts on it though.

If you search just like you have it with the quotes "cut motor" the search will work. You have to use the quotes if any of the words are less than 4 characters in length.

Good luck,
Craig

dbfletcher
05-20-2010, 09:24 PM
One thing you can check is the right hand cover switch. It controls the cut motor. If it isnt "closed" the symptoms would be as you describe. I'm sure there are other things that ould cause this as well.. but it would be one think to check. You may also want to follow the wires from the switch to the cut moor to make sure they didnt come apart.

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Read my post here.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=15409

AL