PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my CarveWright

GTS3
05-19-2010, 07:11 PM
I've been having trouble with my carvewright machine. Everytime I go to choose a project, the machine asks if I want to stay under the roller. I normally choose no, but I can't choose anything. It is like everything freezes up on me, the only option I can choose is to stop. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

lmoutdrs
05-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Check your cables from the control pad to the main controller on the bottom of the machine. It may have been damaged by raising and lowering the head unit.

Jeff_Birt
05-19-2010, 08:12 PM
You might also want to reflash (download firmware to the card) from the Designer Flash Manager.

spalted
05-19-2010, 08:36 PM
How do I download firmware to the card?

I think if you go to the flash manager from designer and format the card it will clean the card and update the firmware, but this is only a guess....... unless I'm right.

GTS3
05-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks. I did the firmware reflash...didn't work.

Digitalwoodshop
05-19-2010, 08:42 PM
What version of Designer are you using?

Could be a bad keypad.

AL

c6craig
05-20-2010, 04:53 AM
Have you tried to give it some time to see if it goes on? It may be the tooltalker going through it's thing...

I forget who posted this, but it was a CW staff responding to another post like this:

"If the CW locks up, you probably have the tooltalker setting on. From the main menu, press 0, 5, then up-arrow. It should say "speech enable" or "tooltalker" depending on the version. It should read "off"."

Good luck,
Craig

Mikewiz
05-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Hey,

It might very well be your key pad. I had this same problem when my machine was still under warranty and LHR sent me a new one and that solved the issue. Hope this helps.

Mike