PDA

View Full Version : No cut motor power?

Roadrigger
05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
When I load my board, I go thourgh all the options of measuring and centering and all.. Then come the time to choose the bit. I choose it then load it... No power. It then continues and centers the board and trys to make passes to carve but no spinning or power from the motor. any suggestions?

will george
05-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Cover switch! been there and did that...

I think CW calls it the AC Interrupt Switch?

Digitalwoodshop
05-19-2010, 09:01 PM
No power to the Cut Motor is going to be a few things.

The Right Side cover Switch is in the return side of the Cut Motor Circuit.
Loose switch or loose cover screws.

Where the wires plug into the motor just behind the right side Y Belt pulley. Look at the wires as the Z Motor can pinch them or snag them.

Under the machine the X Termination Board C1 Cap is broken.

Loose wire on the X Termination board.

OR... A Stuck Motor Brush or over 250 hours on the Cut Motor brushes.

Let us know.

AL

jaroot
05-19-2010, 10:17 PM
On our machine it was the cover switch that quit working. So I didn't just take it out of the loop and twist the wires together 'cause that would defeat the safety of the cover. ;)

mgsundgaard
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I have cleaned the motor, checked continuity on the AC door switch, checked for a broken capacitor and loose wires on the X board and my brushes have a lot of life left and no pinched wires. Motor does not run, but everything else is working fine. The machine goes through a complete cycle for measuring the board, inserting the tool and attempts to carve. Any more ideas on what it could be?

Digitalwoodshop
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
The Right Side Cover Switch is another possibility... Loose or bad...

Tug on the crimp wire connectors in the first 2 pictures above.

There have been bad motors.... Disconnect the motor from the wires and connect a light bulb or table lamp to test the power to the motor.

You may need to open the motor and look for broken wires....

AL

Ike
10-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I know this may sound silly, but when you remove the cover if you don't disconnect the motor wires then often the cover pulls them out. I have done this and broke the connectors and had the same issue. I had to buy some new bullet connectors and replace the broken one and the motor worked again.

Or it may be just disconnected at the motor? Have you checked the flex cable to insure it properly seated or possibly damaged? I guess I better ask do you hear the motor if not then it won't be the flex.

Just a thought?

Ike