PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the z truck bearings went out

alan.galbraith
05-19-2010, 02:33 PM
After carving for about 3 hours time, a metal band came flying out from somewhere and the bit was wobbling very badly. The metal band is 1 1/4 inch in diameter a little over 1/8 wide with ribs like where bearings ride. Since I just received this refurb ztruck, it's under warranty. Ruined a really nice carve.

Kenm810
05-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Bearing Spacer or Dampener
ttp://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=44757&postcount=17 (http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=44757&postcount=17)

Digitalwoodshop
05-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Sadly it is common for refurbished Z Trucks to spit out the Damper Ring in a short time after using it.

AL

alan.galbraith
05-19-2010, 06:48 PM
That's the piece that came flying out.

What would you suggest I do. Buy another refurb and have it happen again.
The only way to buy a z truck without the chuck was to buy an refurb.

I'm stuck between a Rock and a QC (hard place) :p lol

Digitalwoodshop
05-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Call LHR.... They might send you one. I had to eat my Z Truck as I had it in spare parts for a few weeks so no warranty.

I am hoping they offer to replace it.

I believe there have been almost a dozen postings about refurb's spitting it out since my problem.

AL

jaroot
05-19-2010, 08:38 PM
We bought a refurb machine and the retainer came out at about 20 hrs. Even though the machine wasn't under warrenty LHR repaired it for free. However 10 hours later it spit it back out again. I didn't want be down for another two weeks sending it back so I took the z truck off and pushed the ring back in place. After that I took a punch and dimpled the casting in three places around the ring and have had no problems since. This worked for me but if you have a warranted machine you probably don't want to do that.

alan.galbraith
05-20-2010, 07:22 AM
When I called to order the ztruck about a month ago, they stated it had a 1 year warranty. I hope that was true. The reason I ordered the refurb was because I didn't want the QC. They told me this is the only way to get the z truck without the qc installed. I'll give them a call when I can.
Thanks for the info.

alan.galbraith
05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Now they are telling me the replacement ztruck that I bought in april is not under a warranty. That's not what the salesperson said that I talked to. He said it was under a one year warranty. Question is, is the new ones under warranty?:mad: