PDA

View Full Version : Is Sears unit basic or full version software?

bdandress
11-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm considering purchasing a CompuCarve unit at Sears this weekend.
Does the CompuCarve unit sold by Sears come with the basic or full version of software? If basic, what are the differences between it and the full version and how much is the upgrade? Is product support direct from factory or thru Sears? Thanks.

pkunk
11-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm considering purchasing a CompuCarve unit at Sears this weekend.
Does the CompuCarve unit sold by Sears come with the basic or full version of software? If basic, what are the differences between it and the full version and how much is the upgrade? Is product support direct from factory or thru Sears? Thanks.
First, I understood the Compucarve wouldn't be in Sears stores until the 1st of the year. The unit will come with a very basic version of the software and the advanced version will cost extra. Product support is through the factory.
Why not buy one now from Carvewright?

Gman_Ind
11-08-2006, 10:44 AM
The listed price of the Craftsman branded CompuCarve is $1799. What exactly would we be missing with this package? I would like to save the $200. and apply it towards the probe/scanner attachment, right at day one. If patterns or librarys are missing what is the cost to upgrade?

pkunk
11-08-2006, 10:56 AM
The listed price of the Craftsman branded CompuCarve is $1799. What exactly would we be missing with this package? I would like to save the $200. and apply it towards the probe/scanner attachment, right at day one. If patterns or librarys are missing what is the cost to upgrade?
They've not explained the difference. Call Carvewright and ask. I do know that Sears will be charging extra for the full version of the software and I can't imagine running this machine with anything less.

mikevds
11-16-2006, 01:25 PM
I've also put my name on the list for the CW. I talked to a very nice lady (didn't get her name) and this is what she told me.

1. The Sears unit and software will be exactly the same as the CW unit and software. She said there is only one version of the software.

2. Sears will receive the next production run of units at the end of November. CW will get the next production run of machines at the end of December.

3. Since CW can't compete with Sears, whatever unit price Sears sets CW will sell for the same. Currently Sears has a special on the CompuCarve at $1799. That's what she said CW will sell unit for too.

4. Sears is taking pre-orders, so if you want one bad, you'd probably get it sooner. However at Sears you must pay in advance. If you put your name on the list for CW's next units, you don't pay until they actually have the units in and ready to ship.

She said the web site is supposed to be updated to reflect this info soon.

This is what she said.....so I sure hope the info is correct.