PDA

View Full Version : Bit Sensing Paddle?

turnzwood2
05-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Not sure what the part is called. It is the "paddle" on the right side of the machine which the bit touches a couple of times when you load a bit. Mine has stopped functioning. Bit goes up and down but the paddle does not move. Rebooted several times with no effect. What do I need to do?

DocWheeler
05-18-2010, 07:41 AM
Not sure what the part is called. It is the "paddle" on the right side of the machine which the bit touches a couple of times when you load a bit. Mine has stopped functioning. Bit goes up and down but the paddle does not move. Rebooted several times with no effect. What do I need to do?

turnzwood2,

Do a search on "bit plate" (with quotes). Common problem - needs cleaning and some lube, a lot of us use foam, wad of tape, or rag to hold it out.

AskBud
05-18-2010, 08:57 AM

The Bit Plate is not moving:
Check this thread for some solutions.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=115843&postcount=14

Icutone2
05-18-2010, 10:08 AM
The Z truck pushes it out when it moves to the right side. Maby the wires are sticking out to far.
Lee

Ike
05-18-2010, 10:18 AM

Often just a shot of lube gets you back to working! Turn the machine off and by hand move the truck. It should move smoothly if it stops short check for obstructions, wires etc.

If all is well put some 3 and 1 oil or a shot of WD-40 and that should do the trick!

Ike