PDA

View Full Version : The mind numbing stuff I do all day

JDPratt
05-12-2010, 04:18 PM
I haven't posted any pics of projects for a while (mostly because they pale in comparison to the work of others on this forum), but I thought I would share some pics of what I crank out on a regular basis. These "leaderboards" are for the training units and others to hang in their unit areas. Any old military folks on here will know what I am talking about. I usually crank out about four of these a month along with the hundreds of other woodworking projects they have me doing.

John

Edit: Once again, thanks to BJBethke for the great help on the military patterns

rjustice
05-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Nice work John!

Happy Carving,

Ron

cnsranch
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
The mind numbing stuff I do all day

I usually crank out about four of these a month along with the hundreds of other woodworking projects they have me doing.

Trade ya'

jgowrie
05-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Very nice work... at least you are busy my friend!

PCW
05-12-2010, 04:45 PM
JD

Looking good!!!

liquidguitars
05-12-2010, 05:21 PM
JD,

Nice work!

LG

CarverJerry
05-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Now thats what I call some large signs/plaques. Look'n good, keep it up and thanks for posting your pics.

CJ

Digitalwoodshop
05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Excellent stuff.... Reminds me of the Navy Ship Command boards we had...

AL

spalted
05-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Nice work, Now I see why I have problems using Centerline, my signs are to small.:mrgreen:

lawrence
05-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Well...you have my dream job for when I retire (in 3 years, 7 months, and 18 days...not that I'm counting)

Nice job on the honorboards... I recently did one for my group (my first projects on my CW) but it is obvious you get a bit more practice than I did.

Lawrence

JDPratt
05-13-2010, 08:26 AM
This is definitely my dream job. I had offers to work in an office making more money after I retired and turned them down for this job. I basically get paid to do my hobby. Sometimes it just gets a little too repetitious, but I will try to muddle through. What I really like is when I get to create a new innovative project for something. Once they see it, they tend to get excited and come up with more challenging things for me to create. It definitely keeps my mind active from a woodworking aspect. I still haven't figured out the tech stuff like making patterns, but thats why I really like this forum. There is always someone willing to help.