PDA

View Full Version : My Family Tree project...sigh

Juno2
11-01-2006, 06:23 PM
So excited getting this one ready to pop into the machine and I have only one part left to finish. I need to put a name on the apple and two on the bottom under the tree, I have included two files, one with the tree/leaves and apple on it and one with the text I want to carve into the apple.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get it to carve the name across that apple. If anyone can take a look at the files and help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'd be ever so grateful.

Old Salt
11-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Set Font to center line Try this patern

thelittleboxshop
11-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Juno2

Try this. You had the name inverted. I reinverted the name, put it on the apple and "merged" it with the additive option. You should be able to manipulate it however you like now. :)

fozziebo
11-02-2006, 01:45 PM
how did you convert the text "Karli" to a pattern that seems uneditable as text?

thelittleboxshop
11-02-2006, 02:10 PM
The text was "copied" from the first file and pasted into the second. When this occured, the software looked at the name "Karli" as a graphic object and not text. I did not have the same font as was used in the original and assumed that Juno2 wanted the original font used for his project.

fozziebo
11-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I see!!! Must have been created in a graphics program and saved as a pattern for the CW. I need to learn the "merging" and carving onto created surfaces such as the apple here.