PDA

View Full Version : How to remove waste in a drawing?

neeboy74
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm trying to learn the software for this great machine before I buy it; how do I remove the waste from around a pattern? I'm experimenting with the ornate borders and trying to see what they would look like cut-out. I can remove the interior pieces from the patterns themselves, but I can't get rid of the outlying "waste wood." Help me pleez! :?

David M.
11-01-2006, 08:39 PM
On the control panel across the top, there is a button on the bottom right called CUT PATH. With the path selected to cut, click this button and a dialog box will pop up and give you a couple choices. Play with these to see what happens. Fairly self explanitory.

David

JustMe
01-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm also having problems removing waste, the cut path function is usually grayed out even though the path has been selected.
Another issue I have is that when mitering corners usually I can hide one corner but when trying to hide the other corner the work piece disappears and if I try to flip it then the results are an inverted cut, this function does give me alot of problems and I don't know what I am doing wrong?

Jeff_Birt
01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
If you use the 'cut path' tool your path must be continious. I had problems when I first started too, and I have had some cases I had to unselect an object and then reselect it before all the buttons would light up.

Start with something simple like a blank board and add a rectangle using the 'Rectangle tool', then use the 'Cut path' tool. When you are drawing seperate lines/arcs and trying to join them they can look joined when they are only really close. When you join to objects they will merge into one and one name will dissapear on your carving list. When they are joined, the angle between the objects will also be displayed. If you have two objects that arenot joined grab the endpoint of one and move it close to the other. When they are in plcae to be joined a symbol something like >< will be displayed around them.

Hope that helps.