PDA

View Full Version : Cut Path with Inset

Lobo
05-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Has anyone else noticed a problem using a cut path with inset? I've had one ever since upgrading to ver. 1.163. If I outline a region, then apply a cut path with inset (or offset), the machine tries to cut out the region by drilling a zillion little holes, rather than a smooth vector cut. (It works fine if I don't apply an inset to the cut.) Any ideas?

mtylerfl
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Has anyone else noticed a problem using a cut path with inset? I've had one ever since upgrading to ver. 1.163. If I outline a region, then apply a cut path with inset (or offset), the machine tries to cut out the region by drilling a zillion little holes, rather than a smooth vector cut. (It works fine if I don't apply an inset to the cut.) Any ideas?

That certainly sounds odd. Sorry to hear about the problem.

Do you have this problem on all MPC's or just a particular one? Can you post your MPC for us to take a peek at?

PCW
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM

I did see one problem that sounds similar to yours using 1.163.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=15189

Quote below
Machine 1 - MT's Shamrock Plaque. 6 hours and change on optimal on a nice piece of cherry. When it got to the end to do the cut out it freaked out. The cutting bit acted like it was drilling instead of cutting. You can see in the pic, the bit went down, came back up a little went down again and just sat there until I stopped it. Forgive the choppy edges, I had to cut it out on the bandsaw, I want to see if I can save it with some aggressive sanding.

thomasj
05-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I had exactly the same problem with the shamrock plaque and V 1.163!
I let it finish and sanded the edges. Haven't tried it since but I do have another plaque promised!

"The cutting bit acted like it was drilling instead of cutting. You can see in the pic, the bit went down, came back up a little went down again and just sat there until I stopped it."

c6craig
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not insane! I'm not insane! Well, at least someone else has/had the same problem that I beat my head on for days since nobody else was having the issue in 1.163.

This is the reason the machine is sitting there until 1.164 comes out, i simply don't trust it. I can cobble together anything I need for now in 1.153, and the POMs will just have to wait. At least it gives me a chance to finish some of the projects I carved and never completed :)

I never did get it to resolve, I had to go back to 1.153 to get it to run correctly.

Craig