PDA

View Full Version : Will not scan

andes
05-09-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm trying to scan, went though the steps to set it up; but when I press 1 to proceed with scan, it goes to the start point and stop. Anyone know what the issue is?

Digitalwoodshop
05-09-2010, 06:50 PM
If you go to Options and Sensor Data, can you see the probe data change states when you touch the probe?

And you have your machine setup for getting the probe data from the cover, correct?

AL

andes
05-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes, I do have it set for Cover. I will have to check the sensor data and let you know. thanks

If you go to Options and Sensor Data, can you see the probe data change states when you touch the probe?

And you have your machine setup for getting the probe data from the cover, correct?

AL

andes
05-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Just checked, I selected options, but did not see a sensor data.

AL

want2b
05-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Have you used the probe at all or is it something that just happened. I Had a problem after they repaired mine and replaced the truck. Mine had been used but plugged into the truck. When I set the location to Cover, no go. As Al posted, there is a menu option that allows you to check all your sensors status such as pressure switches & the probe. I'm not sure of the naming or number of the choices. I've attached a PDF I made when I worked on mine, turned out to be the controller board. Early model and the probe used on the cover had probably never been tested.
Good luck,
Rick H.

andes
05-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Rick, I purchased my probe when I purchased the machine, a few years back. Never used the probe, this is actually the first time I needed to scan something. If I remember correctly, I never had the connection on the Z truck, but I did have to upgrade the Z truck to the newer version. I will have to do some reading to see if I can find the sensor test option for the probe, cause I really can't find it. I have found the sensor test option, but non for the probe, so I'm not sure what is going on, it just maybe that I missed something, will have to recheck. Thanks for the data sheet.

Have you used the probe at all or is it something that just happened. I Had a problem after they repaired mine and replaced the truck. Mine had been used but plugged into the truck. When I set the location to Cover, no go. As Al posted, there is a menu option that allows you to check all your sensors status such as pressure switches & the probe. I'm not sure of the naming or number of the choices. I've attached a PDF I made when I worked on mine, turned out to be the controller board. Early model and the probe used on the cover had probably never been tested.
Good luck,
Rick H.

andes
05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I just went through the probe manual again, and everything works just fine, except the "proceed with scan" when I hit enter, it starts and then stops at the starting point and the LCD goes back to the scan menu. I still have not been able to find a probe sensor option.

TIMCOSBY
05-10-2010, 06:51 PM
you are picking diagonal corners when ask for the area to scan?

AskBud
05-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Let's review the master video on the Scanning Probe.
AskBud
http://www.carvebuddy.com/scanningvideo_how_it_works.html

andes
05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes, I believe so

you are picking diagonal corners when ask for the area to scan?

Digitalwoodshop
05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Do you have the jumper cable for the probe to plug it into the cover?

DO I understand you have the new Z setup and don't plug into the Z anymore.

AL

andes
05-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes I have the new Z setup and the jumper cable.

Do you have the jumper cable for the probe to plug it into the cover?

DO I understand you have the new Z setup and don't plug into the Z anymore.

AL

andes
05-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Bud I did review the video and read the probe manual again. I followed the steps.

Let's review the master video on the Scanning Probe.
AskBud
http://www.carvebuddy.com/scanningvideo_how_it_works.html

andes
05-12-2010, 09:20 PM
anymore ideas/suggestions on what may be causing this issue?

PCW
05-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Make sure the plug on the Y termination plug is oriented correctly. White goes towards the center of the machine. Also make sure it is plugged in good.

RMarkey
05-13-2010, 09:52 AM
When the screen shows "jog to ending corner" what are the final dimensions displayed?

andes
05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Dan,

Rechecked the Y term cable -- its oriented and seated correctly

Metallus,

the final dimensions are 0.00" long x 6.79"

PCW
05-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Dan,

Rechecked the Y term cable -- its oriented and seated correctly

Andrea,

Where you able to locate the probe sensor in the options menu on the machine and if you did where you able to check to probe state?

Checking The Machine’s Onboard Sensors
The status of each of the machine’s onboard sensors can be accessed
from the LCD screen and keypad for the purpose of troubleshooting. To
access the Sensor Check menu simply select the “0” (Options) key at the

CarveWright Main Menu

or use the up/down arrows to locate the

Configurations Menu

and then press ENTER. Next, select the “7”

(Measure) key or use the up/down arrows to locate the Sensor Check
menu and then press

ENTER. Navigate through the different sensors and
associated status values using the up/down arrows.

Probe State
State – Open/Closed
With no probe installed, the Probe State will be displayed as Open. The
operation of the probe can be checked while installed in the quick changer
and plugged into the connector. Once installed the LCD will read Closed.
To check the operation of the probe simply reach in and deflect the probe
tip to the side. If the probe is operating correctly the displayed state will
change from Closed to Open.

TIMCOSBY
05-13-2010, 06:09 PM
33668 if so then something is not getting the length.

andes
05-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Nope. But I just did and it’s scanning. Let’s see how it comes out. Boy do I feel dumb. Wow too cool. Thanks

33668 if so then something is not getting the length.

TIMCOSBY
05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
the detail that the probe will pick up.

CarverJerry
05-14-2010, 06:01 PM
I did a scan of a project that I had carved, it had a finish on it but the probe even picked up the wood grain. It is very sensitive...have fun.

CJ

TIMCOSBY
05-14-2010, 11:23 PM
see pics too.

Walker Sky Ranch
05-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I had that same problem, and just got frustrated and turned the machine off for a few min, and it worked after a brief break.. odd

now the problem I am having is that the scan never starts at the point I jog to as the starting corner, it will go about 1/3 into the object and start there.

example: my object is flat and measures 5 inches wide by 20 inches long.
I jog to the correct corners, it gives me the correct dimensions, but when it starts the scan, it stars about 1/3 into the 20 inches.. weird

andes
05-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Sorry forgot you asked for pic's. Well I finally scanned the item to get my template. The design I used is one of the stained glass shared designs from the forum. I still need to put the holes in and sand/finish to apply.

see pics too.

andes
05-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Ok, here's the final. What do you think.

Capt Bruce
05-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Very nice Andrea. Welcome to the wide world of scanning.

My only problem is having so many things I want to scan I'm cheating myself out of carve time. Again well done there.