PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for LHR Software Writers

Digitalwoodshop
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
As I listen to the machine cut, I hear something that has come to my attention many times and though I would pass it to LHR Software Writers.

When cutting the pattern below, I cut the 6 lines in the tree patterns with the 1/8 inch end mill bit assigning a cut path to the vector line and set the depth.

The problem I see is when it finished cutting the first line the machine hesitates slightly loading the next instruction and momentarily shuts off the Cut Motor then starts it back up before the Cut Motor barely slows down.

This can be heard as a decrease and speed up of the motor.

I believe this is stressing the motor doing this.

Can a time delay be programmed into the cut motor shut off to hold the motor on while it is loading the next instruction?

I hear this when Centerline Text is cutting too.... Between words....

AL

Cabinetdesigner
05-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Ive noticed the same thing when cutting centerline text also.

wizer
05-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I have also witnessed this

jgowrie
05-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Same thing noticed here. It would make sense that the cycling up and down of the motor is adding wear and tear to the life of the motor.

CarverJerry
05-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah me too, it must be a common thing when using centerlin text. Also heard the cut motor stop when doing like the coin caddy when it moves from one part to the next.

CJ

Fletcher
05-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I found this odd at first too. Industrial machines don't slow the spindle down when traversing to another area to cut - not unless you specifically program it to. I can't even think of why you would want to though.

I really wish this software had an option for the user to use the "recommended" speeds, or change them if need be. It would be nice to cut oak a little bit slower than pine and avoid stalling the cut motor. The machine is great, the software is fantastic, but it is all just a little too "buttoned down".

Dan-Woodman
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
What better way to sell more parts. Sounds like something Sears would do.
later Daniel

DocWheeler
05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
What better way to sell more parts. Sounds like something Sears would do.
later Daniel

Daniel,

I don't think it is a conspiricy, more like the on-board computer not being able to handle the increased requirements when switching between program segments - maybe the 16 bit upgrade is causing this.

RMarkey
05-10-2010, 09:53 AM
I searched the code. I couldn't find "conspiracy" in it.

In all reality, the idea was to shut down the cutmotor during vector cuts (which are normally large bits) when moving above the board to reduce the possibility of mistracking because of possible vibrations.

I could only imagine what my drill would look like if I ran its motor for 200 hours...