PDA

View Full Version : **A907 Upgrade** PLEASE HELP!!

MVerschelde
05-08-2010, 01:19 AM
Ok, so my machine is 3 years old (but with only 4 hours on the clock) and I got it from Craigslist. It worked great. I absolutely love it. However, the other day (the second day I had it), while it was measuring, preparing to run, my neighbor stepped on the power cord. We plugged it back in, started the project from scratch again, and all seemed to be fine, until it came time to carve. It said please close cover, even though the cover was closed. Called Carvewright, and they said an A907 upgrade should do the trick. Got the upgrade today, and installed it. Now when I go to load a project, I get an "Z Axis Stall Error 313 Press Stop " message across the screen and the machine does absolutely nothing. I am pretty confident in my ability to follow the instructions implicitly, however, there IS one thing I'm scratching my head about. When replacing the Z-Motor pack, there was a white FFC cable with only 4 or 5 wires in it that I unplugged from the older Z Motor board. There was nowhere to plug it into the new one (or at least that I can tell). Does this have anything to do with it? I've got a big carve coming up for Mother's Day, and would like to get this thing up and running immediately. I've been waiting all week for the upgrade to arrive, and am so disappointed the machine is still down. Has anyone run into this in the past? Thanks so much, in advance.

-Matt

Added later: From reading all about this problem, I think it is important to add that I just tested my sensors, and if I move my Z truck up and down the reading is 0000 and does not change...please help. . .