PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text Question

jaroot
05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
When you design something that includes Centerline text, does the design software save the vectors to the pattern or does the person who uses the pattern also need to have Centerline text?

Thanks
Jim

Gean
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
It's my understanding that anyone that downloads that into their Designer software has to have purchased the Centerline text software.

Gean

CarverJerry
05-07-2010, 10:26 AM
In order to put centerline text into one of your own designs you have to have the centerline text unlocked. I think it costs around $100, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

CJ

fwharris
05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
When you design something that includes Centerline text, does the design software save the vectors to the pattern or does the person who uses the pattern also need to have Centerline text?

Thanks
Jim

Jim,

Way back when it was possible for one to set up a mpc with centerline and email the mpc to another who did not have centerline. They could carve the mpc as long as they did not try to edit the text. It was some of the bata testers work around for those who did not have centerline...

rjustice
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
I remember it the way Floyd stated... I dont know if it still works or not though. I had a couple signs that I wanted to see how the centerline worked. Another member made the MPC, emailed it to me and it worked fine. That was about 3 years ago though...

Ron

Digitalwoodshop
05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
You could design a project and setup the font in outline and post the .mpc. Any of us with centerline can edit the project and make the text centerline and post the new project. You can then open the project and upload it and try it. Unless you try to change the font to another name it will work. As soon as you change the font it converts to outline again. At least that is how it worked before. Curious if it still works.

AL