PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on my options.

cestout
05-06-2010, 08:06 PM
My Sears agreement runs thru Apr 2014. When I got it back from repair mid April it had a Cut Motor sensor failure. I bypassed this to get done what I had to do (The Burial Urns I posted in the gallery.) then sent it back to repair. It is back in my store now, and they say it costs to much to fix and they will replace it. I got this one, a B series, as a replacement for an A series last year because they did not believe me that it has to go to Dallas for repair. Anyway, the manager found that the CompuCarve is unorderable so the general manager said I could get a full refund including the mtc agreement. The hardware manager talked to LHR and they said that I could send it to them or they could send me the parts to fix it. I fixed this problem on my first machine, so I know how to replace the cut motor. I am out of LHR warranty and I don't know if or how much LHR will charge me for the motor. I will call them to find out tomorrow. CarveWright has this deal with the tricked-out refurbished machines. How reliable are the refurbished machines? I would prefer to have my B to a refurbished A, but the CarveWright deal sounds good. Or I could try to get a refund on the mtc agreement and use that to pay for the motor ( if I have to pay for it) and the spindle upgrade, but I would not get the belts. Besides, If I took a full refund and got the refurbished machine I would be money ahead. I guess I don't need the Sears mtc agreement, because I am capable of fixing my own machine, probably better then Sears. If I got the CarveWright, I would probably join the club to get tech support. I don't really need projects, I am up to my ears in stuff to be done.

Router-Jim
05-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Just my opinion but I would take the full refund including the mtc agreement and then buy a refurb from LHR which would have a full warrenty and include the new Carvetight.

Digitalwoodshop
05-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I agree too... Take the money and buy the Tricked Out unit with Warranty and get carving....

I am carving 5 signs tonight, first in a while....

AL

cestout
05-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the input. I got my money back and ordered the tricked out referb. The motor would have cost Sears $104, but they gave all my money back instead. Is it possible that they will drop the CompuCarve?
Clint

Jcpb321
05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Nothing official yet since me thinks Sears wants to rid themselves of the refurbs they have in stock, but yes I don't think you can find a brand new CC at this time, Sears couldn't find one for you! CC and CW same thing different label.
I don't quite understand it but Sears may have expected too much from LHR as Sears is quite liberal in their warranties and we all know LHR ain't given out nutin.

cestout
05-16-2010, 07:21 PM
My new referb should arrive tomorrow. It has been 7 weeks and I am in withdrawal.
Clint

Jcpb321
05-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Withdrawal:roll::roll: I have had that all day with mine, no it is not broke just needs an operator I guess!

Spent all day making a sled, now I get errors, back to square#1, read and reread then I'll be askin questions instead of calling it names, wife thought I was talkin to her the last time in and gave me a brandy to calm me down while I was going through the calibration part of the manual.

Know your anxiety and hope it turns out to be a good one, when I got mine I was too sick to even look at it now it is beginning to make me....

John

want2b
05-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the input. I got my money back and ordered the tricked out referb. The motor would have cost Sears $104, but they gave all my money back instead. Is it possible that they will drop the CompuCarve?
Clint

Just got my new Sears Tool catalog, Compucarve is not in it. Second time they have played the 'game'. Last time everyone felt it was a money issue on what Sears paid LHR for the machine. Probably the same again, anyway, guess time will tell.
Rick H.