PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's home and garden show time again.

TerryT
05-06-2010, 07:48 PM
This will be the third year that I will participate in this particular show. It is the first and one of the best of the year. In the past I tried a whole bunch of the signs but sales were always a little disapointing. This year I'm gonna try some different stuff. I'm taking the ring boxes, jewelry boxes and a few signs. If you remember the Garden benches I did last year, they sold well, so I'm taking more. I also made some matching garden chairs. Oh, and I'm also taking the trophies and awards that we do. I hope sales pick up this year.

easybuilt
05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
You do beautiful work, those are nice trophy's and jewerly boxes Terry. I hope you do well! At the Puyallup Fair last month I didn't sell very many premade signs but I received orders for 20 customs signs. Let me know how you do.

TerryT
05-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Pre-made signs don't do well here, at least not at the garden shows. I'm hoping the garden benches and chairs will make a hit though.

What type of signs were your custom orders, mostly?

jaroot
05-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Just out of curiosity what do you ask for the painted garden benches?

TerryT
05-07-2010, 08:36 AM
I sell the benches for $99 and the chairs (new this year) I'm going to ask $79. I made several of the benches and they all sold.

fwharris
05-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Terry,

Nice grouping for the season show. I see the same thing with pre made signs. Unless you have just the right one for the right person they do not move that fast. But they do give the public and great idea of what is possible.

Have not checked your site but do you offer the plans for your chairs and benches??

Jcpb321
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Terry,
If you don't sell the plans for the benches and chairs maybe you should consider it! Let me know if you do!

Really look nice and I hope you do well at the show!

John

liquidguitars
05-07-2010, 03:17 PM
This will be the third year that I will participate in this particular show. It is the first and one of the best of the year. In the past I tried a whole bunch of the signs but sales were always a little disapointing. This year I'm gonna try some different stuff. I'm taking the ring boxes, jewelry boxes and a few signs. If you remember the Garden benches I did last year, they sold well, so I'm taking more. I also made some matching garden chairs. Oh, and I'm also taking the trophies and awards that we do. I hope sales pick up this year.

Very cool Terry!

LG

c6craig
05-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Good luck at the show, I hope you sell a ton!

Craig

TerryT
05-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, although not as good as I'd hoped, it was the best I've done at this show. We sold a few signs and a pair of garden chairs with a couple of extra orders and some interest that might turn into more sales. The garden chairs and benches seemed to be the biggest draw this time.

TerryT
05-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Terry,
If you don't sell the plans for the benches and chairs maybe you should consider it! Let me know if you do!

Really look nice and I hope you do well at the show!

John

As soon as I can get them kinda drawn up, they will be available.

Thanks

Capt Bruce
05-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Very handsome product line Terry. You've given me some ideas for my new deck furniture. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

TerryT
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
We had a customer come into our shop (for our real business) and saw the demo chair. She wants 4 of them! I have spent the entire day making garden chairs. Heheheh, I think I like it. Now with the bench and chairs I have to design a table and sell 3 or 4 piece sets.