PDA

View Full Version : Ordering CarveTight

hogiewan
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I know that this has been answered, but I can't find it. When I order the CarveTight, am I receiving it in a new z-truck or a refurb? Can I send my z-truck to get fitted and if so, how do I order it at $120 (or do I have to order it at $160 and wait for a rebate)? Can the rebate just go back to my credit card or do I get a check in the mail?

I tried talking to someone on the phone a second ago, but he seemed oblivious

wizer
05-06-2010, 04:11 PM
I tried talking to someone on the phone a second ago, but he seemed oblivious

You probably talked to the same guy I did. The conversation on his part was "Yes Sir, No Sir, Yes Sir, No Sir, No Sir" etc:roll:

oalexander
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I apologize that the person that you talked to seemed oblivious. That definitely is not the attitude we want projected from our company. To answer your question, because of the amount of Z-trucks that are coming in for rebates, it is not possible to efficiently and effectively keep track of them. This could possibly cause a situation where the Z-truck you sent in for rebuilding, not be the same one you get back. To avoid this situation, we will only exchange, not rebuild.

The CarveTight is all brand new parts. There are no CarveTight (Reconditioned) parts.

You have the option of sending in your current Z-truck (The instructions for removing your z-truck can be found on the main website under Support > Service Documentation) to get the price tag of 119. When the item is received, you will be contacted by one of our staff so the order for the replacement can be made.

The other option that you have is the purchase of the CarveTight Spindle System at the 159 price tag. The cam roller wrench comes with the CarveTight. You may not already have this tool and it makes it a lot easier to remove the current Z-truck. The rebate can take up to 6 weeks to have it refunded back to your credit card.

Both methods have pros and cons, but I hope this answers your questions and any other questions our customers might have.

Omar
Customer Service Manager

hogiewan
05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
that answers all of my questions except one. When I order the carvetight, is the z-truck that I receive new or a refurbished one that someone else sent back for upgrade?

jaroot
05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
that answers all of my questions except one. When I order the carvetight, is the z-truck that I receive new or a refurbished one that someone else sent back for upgrade?
I was wondering that myself. My z-truck keeps coming apart and LHR fixed it once. I'm not sure that I want another refurbished truck.

alan.galbraith
05-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I ordered a refurb z truck so I wouldn't get the QC installed. That was two days before they officially announced the new CarveTight. I had stated to the salesperson that I had heard the new chuck was coming out very soon, and if I could be one of their quinea pigs. He stated I would have to talk to marketing about that. I should have waited two more days to order my refurb z truck. Oh well, I bought the proven rock chuck.

Kix
05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
uh guys? I must be missing something here, and I apologize if I am sounding suspicious. Must be my devious nature.

If the CT is all brand new parts and there are no reconditioned parts what are you going to do with my old truck? Surely you cant have that much business in replacing old qc's and trucks with refurbs?

bjbethke
05-08-2010, 02:32 AM
I ordered one it is all new, and the right lower corner problem is corrected and does not need the extra washer, I would hold on to the old Z truck if you have Ron's QC "The ROCK" The rock will be useless with LHR’s new Z truck.

JDPratt
05-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Thats interesting. So if my z-truck ever goes out and I have to purchase a new one, will my Rock be useless as well. I guess that is one way to eliminate the competition. Unless of course, over time, LHR continues to offer the old trucks.

Dan-Woodman
05-10-2010, 12:01 PM
There might be a misunderstanding here. The sentence reads The Carvetight is all brand new parts, it does not say the z- truck is new. Your sending in your current z- truck to have a "new" carvetight chuck added to replace the old QC .
later Daniel

bjbethke
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
There might be a misunderstanding here. The sentence reads The Carvetight is all brand new parts, it does not say the z- truck is new. Your sending in your current z- truck to have a "new" carvetight chuck added to replace the old QC .
later Daniel
Mine came with a new z-truck the casting is thicker and does not need the extra washer, the rock chuck will not work with the new unit.

pine acres woodshop
05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Mine came with a new z-truck the casting is thicker and does not need the extra washer, the rock chuck will not work with the new unit.

Can you elaborate on the Rock Chuck will not work with the new unit. I am a little lost with your comment.

rjustice
05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Can you elaborate on the Rock Chuck will not work with the new unit. I am a little lost with your comment.

The new CT chuck from LHR is a one piece spindle and chuck, and requires that the whole "Z" truck be replaced. The Rock Chuck that i produce allows you to remove just the QC Chuck, and replace it with the Rock Chuck system.

Hope this helps...

Ron

pine acres woodshop
05-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks Ron, I didn't understand the comment. So if Their new chuck goes out you have to replace the whole z-truck?

rjustice
05-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks Ron, I didn't understand the comment. So if Their new chuck goes out you have to replace the whole z-truck?

I dont see any other way...

pine acres woodshop
05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I have the Rock chuck, and it is the best money I ever spent on this machine. If my z-truck was to go out, I wonder if I would be able to get a replacement z-truck that would work with the Rock Chuck?

dbfletcher
05-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I have the Rock chuck, and it is the best money I ever spent on this machine. If my z-truck was to go out, I wonder if I would be able to get a replacement z-truck that would work with the Rock Chuck?

In another post, LHR said they wer still supporting the qc. So as long as that is true, we rock users should be ok.

Doug Fletcher

rjustice
05-10-2010, 06:47 PM

My understanding is that LHR is going to continue supporting the QC, so if they do they will have to continue the use of the current spindle. If for some reason they would stop supporting it, I would take care of that.

Ron

pine acres woodshop
05-10-2010, 06:48 PM
In another post, LHR said they wer still supporting the qc. So as long as that is true, we rock users should be ok.

Doug Fletcher

I hope so because it would be a shame if they screwed all of the Rock users by making the z-truck assembly proprietary.

Kix
05-10-2010, 07:38 PM
My understanding is that you send them your old z truck after they give you the new one with the spindle for the core charge. Also that the new z truck and spindle are all new materials.

So I figure they are going to be swimming in old z trucks. Not very conservation or economically friendly, but I have seen stranger things.