PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day is Sun., What Are You Making Sat. Night?

spalted
05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Mothers day is coming this Sunday, so that means we have to stop what we have been working on this week and quick think of something to make Saturday night....... Oh come on now, don't tell me I'm the only one that does that sort of thing?

So do any of you have any great Mother day projects in the works.

I thought about making my mother a sign for the garden "Grandma's Garden" With some veggies carved in it maybe.

PCW
05-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I doing MT POM bread box. Almost ready for some stain. Good job MT!

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo54/pcwholesale/Carvewright/Carvings/BreadBox.jpg

spalted
05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Looking great!

Another really fine design by MT.

Is that Ash?

PCW
05-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Looking great!

Another really fine design by MT.

Is that Ash?

Yes it is Ash. This is the first one of MT POM for me and I love it.
:mrgreen:

Chief
05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Fellas,

I've been away from the forum for the last 4-5 months so I guess I missed something. What is MT POM?

PCW, nice job on the bread box. It's impressive.

Chief

Ike
05-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Project of the month! Welcome back Chief you have a lot to catch up!

Ike

mtylerfl
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I doing MT POM bread box. Almost ready for some stain. Good job MT!

Dan,

Thank you, I'm very happy you are enjoying the project!

My goodness, that looks great - I can't believe how fast you are - you don't mess around!!

jaroot
05-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Well I put this together for my better half. Made from recycled redwood decking material. Not a whole lot of carving on it.

Old Salt
05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Love the reuse of wood plenty of life left in it.

Looks like a spring nap coming on

wizer
05-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Another newbie here? I take it POM's are available only to the carving club?

That bread box is great!

CarverJerry
05-05-2010, 05:27 AM
You can actually buy the POM (project of the month) at carvewright web site, look under store and then under projects. I think this is right as I was looking for last months pom and found it there. correct me if I'm wrong...

CJ

c6craig
05-05-2010, 05:46 AM
You can actually buy the POM (project of the month) at carvewright web site, look under store and then under projects. I think this is right as I was looking for last months pom and found it there. correct me if I'm wrong...

CJ

You are correct Jerry.

It is way cheaper in the long run if you buy the $120 1 year subscription but you can also buy the individual projects.

Subscription:
http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=263

Individual Projects:
http://store.carvewright.com//home.php?cat=261

Thanks,
Craig

rjustice
05-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Does anyone know if you join the POM club, whether it includes the current project?... in other words, if i purchase today, would the Breadbox be included in the new subscription?

By the way, very nice project MT, and nice work on your execution Dan!

Thanks,

Ron

PCW
05-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Does anyone know if you join the POM club, whether it includes the current project?... in other words, if i purchase today, would the Breadbox be included in the new subscription?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron,

I purchased it on 5/1/10 and it was included.
SKU: 0001-04-0000001
Product: The CarveWright Project of the Month Subscription Newsletter
Item price: $120.00

RayTrek
05-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Dan, looking good! I like the ash.
Ron, I believe it does include the current project.
Just for fun I include my progress with the POM there are 17 out of 23, I guess I enjoy doing them, I always learn something new with each project, with design and build,
Cheer ~Ray

mtylerfl
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Dan, looking good! I like the ash.
Ron, I believe it does include the current project.
Just for fun I include my progress with the POM there are 17 out of 23, I guess I enjoy doing them, I always learn something new with each project, with design and build,
Cheer ~Ray

Golly Ray!! You have more POM's around the house than I do!! I see you already did the Bread Box, too! I really like the gold accent on the wheat heads - nice!

mtylerfl
05-05-2010, 09:23 AM

Thanks,

Ron

Thank you, Ron! I enjoyed designing that project!

Yes, when you sign up for the subscription, you receive whatever project is current at the time you sign up. For example, you will receive the Bread Box Project of the Month (mpc's and plans) if you subscribe before the end of May 2010.

I work cheap! Each project ends up only being $10 apiece for subscribers! (12 once-a-month projects for $120 = $10 each)

mtylerfl
05-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Another newbie here? I take it POM's are available only to the carving club?

That bread box is great!

Thank you, wizer!

The Carver's Club ($150) (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=20097&cat=273&page=1) is completely different from the Project of the Month Subscription ($120) (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=20096&cat=263&page=1).

spalted
05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Here is what I thought about making for my Mom, just a simple sign for her garden.

spalted
05-06-2010, 08:08 AM
This is what I did last night, just a simple garden sign.

c6craig
05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Very nice Spalted. Came out good.

Since I have left it to the last minute, I guess my gift will be *gasp* store bought this year. I just don't trust my machine to run the 1.163 projects until I have more time to dive into my issues, and don't have the time to design something in 1.153 and get it carved and finished in time.

So I'm a bad son, always next year :)

Craig

cnsranch
05-06-2010, 09:54 AM
spalted - your avatar's creeping me out

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_23.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000)

spalted
05-06-2010, 10:12 AM
LMAO cns, then my job here is done. It's Mr. Bean from a comedy sitcom on the BBC.

I wanted and avatar that was distinctive yet tasteful and stylish.......lol

Craig, my mother will be surprised, I'm only a good son once every decade or so.

cnsranch
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
I know who Bean is, that's what's freaking me out (and making you hard to take seriously :mrgreen:)

spalted
05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I know who Bean is, that's what's freaking me out (and making you hard to take seriously :mrgreen:)

Well maybe I will have to see if I have a Margaret Thatcher avatar I could use, then I can still continue with the UK motif....:mrgreen:

mav36
05-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Or you could try Benny Hill :cool:

Kenm810
05-08-2010, 10:11 AM
spalted,

I like your avatar, --- It is Distinctive ---- hmmm ----maybe ----it could be a little more Distinctive. :wink:

CSPURGEON
05-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Here is one that I made for my Mom today and going to stain it tomorrow possibly. Although I am thinking of bringing it and giving it to her and then letting her pick the stain out because I'm afraid I won't get the right color to match. It was the first time I have used Oak. It turned out well. I used a lot of the techniques recommended to get quality work I still have some fine tuning to get it just right.

So thanks for all the help!

It is approx 6.5"x15.5"x15/16

spalted
05-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Ken,

I can't speak for cns, but THATS creepy. Distinctive.......but creepy......and funny as all hell to!

cs, very nice mothers day gift.

GrammaPam
05-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Boy this is freaky! Browsing the post I opened your first photo without looking at the name. From all the beautiful carvings in the background. I knew it could only be one place. Yep! It was yours. I really admire your work. For anyone else reading this, no, I've never been there in person (only through other pictures on the forum) and he even has carvings in the laundry room.
G.P.

Capt Bruce
05-09-2010, 07:15 PM
I actually got Mom's gift finished a week ago in time to be able to give it to her here last Sunday, on her way to visit her sisters in Florida. The lacquer finish however was only completed the night before she received it so it was still somewhat "fragrant" that day.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/ohneplo/BerthasPlaque2.jpg

CSPURGEON
05-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Well my Mom decided no stain so time to clear it. Oh and Bruce thanks for upping me ... ha ha ... nah looks Awesome. I really need to get centerline!

GrammaPam
05-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I actually got Mom's gift finished a week ago in time to be able to give it to her here last Sunday, on her way to visit her sisters in Florida. The lacquer finish however was only completed the night before she received it so it was still somewhat "fragrant" that day.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/ohneplo/BerthasPlaque2.jpg

I really like your set up and combination choices.
G.P.