PDA

View Full Version : check it out.

chebytrk
05-03-2010, 01:58 PM
trying to see if I can post a pic of one I finished recently and maybe get a little constructive hints.. :)

Router-Jim
05-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Picture posting success! :cool:

Your carvings look very nice.

chebytrk
05-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok..... may as well go for broke and post some others that I've done :)

cnsranch
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Constructive hint -

Post some of your finishing techniques!!

Nice stuff!

chebytrk
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
last set.......... :) "Shenita" just keeps making sawdust!

chebytrk
05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Constructive hint -

Post some of your finishing techniques!!

Nice stuff!

Hey Jerry...
If I posted some of the finishing techniques I used, the forum would run me off for mixing, dabbing, smearing stuff that goes against the laws of woodcraftsmen. I could never duplicate any of this stuff 'cause 90% of the time I don't know what I mixed. If I didn't like they way something looked, I'll try a stain and if it don't look good I'll let it dry and then just put on another stain on top of it (Don't laugh). I wish I would have learned woodworking and staining the correct way. Now... if I could do stuff like SharonB......... that lady knows her stuff. I look at pics of her stuff and spit on my glasses to clear em' up a little then I start "mixin' and a matchin'" if I can. I still can't ever get it though, but still trying. Sure would be nice if someone could made videos on staining techniques. Now, that would be the SHIZNIT ! A person could actually see a project almost come to life as it comes to completion.

Kenm810
05-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Hey Jerry,

Just keep mixing, dabbing, smearing ---!
that's the way I've been learning
how to do it for the last 50 years or so. :razz:
Please keep it up, -- they all look Great to me.

BBrooks
05-03-2010, 03:31 PM
trying to see if I can post a pic of one I finished recently and maybe get a little constructive hints.. :)

Constructive hints??? How about giving us some tips! :)

fwharris
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Jerry,

Just keep doing what your doing! All look very well done. Best learning process is trying different techniques. Some work and some do not.. That is what they make paint for..LOL

I have some of your same problem on recalling what I actually have done to get that look.

What kind of paints/dyes are you using?

mtylerfl
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi JerryB,

I sent you a PM a little while ago...

Dhaffner
05-03-2010, 03:53 PM
It's lookin' good to me! keep on keepin' on! I like.

RayTrek
05-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi, Jerry
Wow! You have been busy, outstanding! Your method of finishing is the same way I do it, I have believed that is called art;)

DocWheeler
05-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Jerry,

Whatever you're doin', don't stop because it looks great!
Thanks for sharing - although it will make me reluctant to post pictures of my own stuff.